ecstasy

I don't have a Carnival deck plan in front of me but I sailed on Ecstasy to Ensenada, Baja, two years ago before she left L.A. It was a fun trip and I loved my cabin -- it was HUGE with wonderful leather sofa and had the balcony, but with no overhang, just out in the open towards bow (front) of ship. The room was complete with a "bar" and enough beverage glasses to host a party for 20, I swear. It was hilarious.

The better balcony cabins are the "suites" (Cat. 12) and I believe are on a somewhat lower deck. They are even larger with covered balconies. More money but more space and less motion being amid-ship. Either way, you can't lose.

But on the front, upper balcony cabins, try to get one that's NOT immediately under the gym, or you will hear the noise from early morning work-out people. It's easy to see what's above the cabins by looking at the deck plans. It seems to me the first three or four balcony cabins upon entering that area on both sides of the ship are free of much overhead noise. I was in the second cabin, I think -- it was GREAT! I had a bit of built-in ship equipment partially blocking my view from the balcony but it's all open air so no problem. Take a bungee cord to hold your balcony door open; these are NOT sliding doors.

For the best overall though, go with Cat. 12 if you can afford it and it's available.

To me, one of the best things about Carnival is the size of the cabins. Have fun!

HELP thinking on this ship for jan but not sure about the layout want a balcony is that only in cat 11 on this ship if so what room in cat 11 would you get and why???:confused:

Pictures, info, and reviews of various cabins (Category 11) at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Look through those, and ask questions there.

Other than that the BEST cabins are

V14, V9, V16, V11, V18, V15, V22, V17, V26, V19.

Prime being

V22, V17

Obstructed views are

V34, V23, V38, V25, V42, V27

Okay, but can be too close to the front deck and stairs

V2, V1, V4, V3, V6, V5

Hope that helps

CJW

Would I take a suite compared to an oceanview cabin on this class of ship?

The going price of the suites with the balconies cost 570pp more then an oceanview. -wow thats a little of 1,100 for one cruise. (i can cruise another week for the price difference)

I like cruising and I like doing stuff in the ports. We hardly are in the cabin so I cant justify the cost. If it was a different class ship where the suites are different I may consider it if the price was right.

Archived