First RCCL cruise,,,AND THE LAST! At least on the Grandeur

I was born in Ball'mer and lived the first 22 years of my life in Ocean City, MD - all this talk about Phillips is killing me. I was a bus boy in Phillips in the 60's, I hung out with the Phillips "boys" who now run part of the operation...I loved Bryce and Shirley P. Sorry to hear they are considered the Micky'Ds of seafood now. I still enjoy their Crab Imperial and crab cakes when I visit OC. I steam my own crabs here in Oklahoma. There is an Asian Market that actually flies in live blue crabs on the weekends! Use lots of Old Bay and National Boh (which we can still get at specialty liquor stores)!

Back on topic, there ain't no cruise ship that can put Maryland Fried Chicken or Maryland "style" crabcakes on their menu without their nose growing to Pinnochio proportions! ;) But the same holds true for land restaurants all over the country...people have no clue unless they have experienced the real thing...

Excuse me now, I'm going to go make some crab cakes!

LL

You'll have to call me a "Micky D's fan" then because I still eat at Phillips everytime I go to OC.

This is coming from a girl who used to spend HOURS catching her own blue crabs with a kite string, chicken neck, and a fishing net. The most trouble I ever got into as a kid was the day my mom came home and found 150+ live blue crabs in the bath tub. :o

Just on the Empress and can confirm that fried chicken was on our menu also (not on formal night).

We also had the pleasure of being able to choose chili one night for dinner .

Maryland Crab Cake was offered as an appetizer. A better name would be Maryland Bread Cake - definitely Phillip's quality.

Lamb shanks (normally on the lunch menu) was on the dinner menu.

There were definately things that I've had better on other ships, but I only paid $649.00 for my 9 days. My attitude was I was just happy to not be at work. Had I paid more, it would have been a different story all together.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hey, at less than $75 a day, I wouldn't be complaining, even if they did serve fried chicken on formal night :D :D

Archived