Just back from Carnival Conquest

rsham

Thanks for the review rsham. I do have a couple of questions about the Sunset Beach if you don't mind. You mentioned that this one is not endorsed by Carnival. Does that mean that you do not book it through Carnival? If not, how does it work? Do you take cash and pay at the front desk of the resort? Do you have to find your own cab? Are there cabs waiting at the pier?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for your great, detailed review! Since I'm sailing in just 12 days, I anxiously look for any and all Conquest reviews! It sounds like you enjoyed this cruise.

I do have a couple of questions for you:

*Did you go to the Piano Bar for some music? We love to spend time there, and I haven't heard much about the Piano Bar on the Conquest.

*Tell me a bit about the boat for the stingray excursion....Was it difficult to get in and out of? What did you do with your belongings while in the water with the stingrays?

*How about the food and drink at Sunset Beach?

*Where does the ship tender in Cozumel? Is shopping available closeby?

*Did you or anyone you know eat at The Point?

Ok, that's it for now! I really appreciate your help, and your time and trouble! I am already dreading that "post cruise depression" that you must be experiencing right now! Do you have your next cruise booked yet??

Thanks so much!:)

I thought the Piano Bar was awesome. We were on the Conquest in June, and Brad was the Piano Man. He was really funny and entertaining. He has a CD that we bought, but a word of wisdom don't waste your money. =)

Stingray City was a lot of fun. We left our belongings on the boat. No problems!

Sunset Beach was amazing. We plan on going back for a land vacation. Jamaica was our favorite stop! Food was okay. I had a hamburger, it tasted funny. I don't think it was made with real meat. The drinks were very good!!

There is shopping as soon as you get off the tender in Cozumel.

Thanks for the review rsham. I do have a couple of questions about the Sunset Beach if you don't mind. You mentioned that this one is not endorsed by Carnival. Does that mean that you do not book it through Carnival? If not, how does it work? Do you take cash and pay at the front desk of the resort? Do you have to find your own cab? Are there cabs waiting at the pier?

Thanks in advance...

Sunset Beach is not on Carnival's list of excursion. You take a cab to the resort, when we were there it was $2pp. There will be plenty of cabs waiting at the pier. You take cash and pay $40pp to gain entrance to Sunset Beach, and then you have access to everything they have to offer...Food, Booze, Pools, Waterpark, Non Motorized Watersports, Beach Volleyball, etc....

did not see lockers. I purchased one of those waterproof plastic cases where I held my money, and credit cards so that I could participate w/ the kiddos. It is water tight, and travels fine down waterslides :) I got from www.fuertecases.com.

thanks for the source for those little cases..I've been looking for those!:)

Archived