hooked on alaska

txracefan

We took our once in a life time cruise to Alaska in 2005.Everyone told me I would want to go again.We have booked Carnival Spirit for 2007.But since we had a balcony before I was going to save money by doing an inside.Could stand it knowing how much we loved the balcony,called yesterday upgraded to a balcony.So anyone thinking about going ,it is habit forming and go ahead and get balcony you will be glad you did.

• 2 weeks later...

We went for the first time in 2003. Then again in 2005. Now we are booked to return next year for 2007. It looks like a two year cycle for us. I guess that's how long it takes us to recover financially from taking four people and doing all the cool excursions! LOL.

Misty

Our 'once in a lifetime' was June, 2005. Ha... we just returned from our second trip, just 4 days shy of when we embarked last year. I'm already researching for a RT next year (both previous have been OW's) as I want to fly into/out of Seattle and just take Amtrak to/from Vancouver... no long Anchorage flight next time!!!

We had a balcony on the Carnival Spirit last year, and an oceanview on the Sapphire Princess this year. I can't say I missed the balcony a whole lot, other than the floor to ceiling 'window' was nice. Great that you went ahead and booked your balcony, since that's what you really want!:)

We'll be happy booking an oceanview anytime, if it means getting to go more often! Don't know if I'm quite prepared to book inside, y-e-t...:)

Same for us. We went first time last year -- one way northbound.

We're going back this year doing the roundtrip Seattle.

Last year we did a balcony, but to save money we opted for an inside cabin. It is costing us less than half what we paid last year.

Since we plan to return again, I'll be able to decide if it's back to a balcony or economy inside.

Either way, it's all good.:p

Archived