Refund if price goes down?

A question for all the RCCL experts:)

After many years of vacationing on Caribbean islands, we finally went on our first cruise last winter (Mariner western in February). I'm afraid we're hooked on this cruise thing! We're considering another for next winter and want to get something set up before long. My question is, if we book a cruise and later find the price has gone down, does RCCL refund the difference? If so are there any specifice rules to this (for example does it have to be a reduction at the RCCL website, or does the original cruise have to be booked directly with them )?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

It should not matter if you booked directly with RCI or with a travel agent. If the price drops before final payment you should be able to get the reduced price. However, you will have to tell them that you have noticed the price has dropped and ask for the reduction on your booking. They will not voluntarily refund your money.

You will certainly get a refund if at any time the price drops but it is something you will need to do on your own....I am booked on the Explorer this July and the price went down last month and I got a refund of $1360...quite substantial refund...as a matter of fact the day after I got that refund I booked anther cruise for 2007...which that refund paid for one person to go.....

If there is a price reduction you should get it whether you booked directly with RCI or a TA. You or your TA have to track the price and request the reduction (it won't be given to you automatically, again whether you book through RCI or an agent). One other thing to be aware of is that you have to meet whatever qualifications may be associated with the reductions. It may have restrictions limiting the lower price to new bookings only, senior passengers, residents of specific states or provinces. Check with your TA to make sure that they will honor price reductions. A good TA will, some agencies may not, but you should make yourself aware of their policy.

Archived