Mercury Royal Suites Anyone Have Experience?

rogerdm

We had a RS on Mercury for the last New Years Escape sailing. While they aren't as luxurious as the RS on the M-class ships, we really enjoy having two rooms and the full dining table and of course, the best service.

The only drawback is that once you've had a RS, nothing else will do! ;)

Upgrades to a RS or a PS are rare, but they do sometimes happen.

Rogerdm...... I have had a RS on the Century, Mercury and the Summit.

They are all very nice. And...as you know, they come with a nice price-tag.

We travel with two children.... and it works out well.

Also, I have found that we thoroughly enjoy the suite (relaxing in it, inviting friends over) during sea days. On port days, we are in and out of it....it almost seems wasteful.

For example, we are just off the Summit...and there were four port days in the week. Busy, busy, busy.

I have found that Webshots has a great selection of photos.... it's easy to do a search there, too.

Hope this helps.

ps. On the Mercury, some friends of our that we met on the ship...were also in a RS. They were called a few days prior to sailing....by Celebrity...and were offered an upgrade to the Penthouse...for only a few hundred dollars total difference. They did not take it. I would have.

I will also be staying in a Royal Suite on the Mercury for the first time next Feb and am interested in seeing pictures.

I was pleased to see the great review you wrote Sue on "Cruise Diva" site that I found doing a google search. It turns out we'll be staying in the same cabin that you did :D

I'll bet what you say is right and that once we've sailed in the Royal Suite it is going to spoil us for other trips.

Dave

Ya'll be sure and bring along some of your favorite CD's! There's nothing like roaring through the seas.....with your favorite music playing on the CD player.....as you are dressing for dinner!

Aaahhhh....memories of The Century....and The Mercury!!!! Excellent service on both of these ships! (2002 & 2003)

Archived