Vision of the Seas to Mexico

Hi - We are thinking of taking the Vision of the Seas down to Mexico in January. Having never been on that ship, how are the inside cabins? I have always cruised with a balcony or oceanview so I am not sure about an inside cabin. Can anyone give me the good and bad in an inside cabin (other than no daylight)?

Thanks for your help.

We did that same cruise 10 years ago, and had an inside cabin. Drove us crazy. We found we did not know anything about what was going on outside - weather, where we were, sunrise, etc. My poor husband was up every day at 5 am because he found he couldn't sleep; we both felt very cooped up, if you will.

I know there are many who love an inside cabin - they are nice and dark, perfect for sleeping, and also people say, "Well, how much time do you spend in your cabin anyway?". We find we spend quite a bit of time in the stateroom; we'd go there to freshen up instead of using a public rest room on deck, we would take a little nap almost every day, and it is a place to just rest for a few minutes or so. It's nice - it's your home for a week and it's nice to go home every so often. :)

Having said that, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the accomodation itself; the cabin was clean and comfortable. No complaints there.

I know you will get many different answers in this thread, but you did ask. On our Mexican cruise on Vision, we had an inside and didn't like it. The next cruise we had a window, and on our recent cruise we treated ourselves to a balcony. It was much better for us.

Have a great time!

Hi - We are thinking of taking the Vision of the Seas down to Mexico in January. Having never been on that ship, how are the inside cabins? I have always cruised with a balcony or oceanview so I am not sure about an inside cabin. Can anyone give me the good and bad in an inside cabin (other than no daylight)?

Thanks for your help.

To each his own. You have an earlier poster that detests inside cabins. I can understand to point his feeling. We sailed inside on numerous cruises and I loved it because it was dark. If we wanted to sleep in, we did. If we didn't we set a wake up call. Admittedly we do like to sleep in dark, and found the inside cabins to be perfect. Over the last several years we have moved outside and to balconies, but I will be the first to admit that I miss the dark provided by the inside cabins. I even raised hell when they "upgraded" me from an inside once...main problem there was the location (on the Vision no less). They moved us just outside the champaign bar and my wife is highly allergic to smoke. We told them to leave our reservations alone from then on out. Our account is marked accordingly. They WILL NOT move us without consulting us first. I always pick specific cabins.

The only things I did not like about the Vision is she did not seem to "flow". The ship seemed to be cut up compared to her sister ships and it was difficult to get around. At the time we sailed on her, I think the captan was in "dollar saving" mode and we did not have the crew to passenger ratio to do all the things that needed to be done. We watched room service dishes sit around for three days before they were picked up. Needless to say we have not sailed on the Vision since. But, then, that was nearly three years ago.

I have sailed the vision twice and loved her. I didnt feel the ship was broken up at all. Last Nov. the Rhapsody had the very same layout and I liked it. All three cruises we were in aft blacony's, so I guess my route was pretty much engraved in memory.:D I would cruise the vision again anytime. (maybe this sept.?)

Inside cabins, We have always put the kids in them, and had to BANG on the door to wake them up, sometimes AFTER noon.:eek: My daughter told me she felt groggy all day from sleeping in the dark cabin. (no natural wake up)

We also are in our cabin alot. We enjoy the balcony and just relaxing. People who say, "you are never in your cabin anyway" are people with inside cabins. which is fine. To each his own. I know I would spend more money on my sea pass if I had an inside cabin. The low price of the cabin would end up costing the same as my balcony by the time I paid my sea pass.:eek:

We had an inside cabin last Sept. and Feb. of this year on the Vision. We were very comfortable in it. The Vision is a great ship to get around in. Great crew too. The Mexican Riviera is a great itinerary.

Jan

I've done the vision twice to mexico and once to Alaska and all were in outside cabins. I prefer outside cabins to inside cabins but if it came down to cruise VS no cruise I think you should take the inside cabin.

We have sailed in inside cabins many times including several time on the Vision. We do like balconies and get them on some cruises. Inside cabins allow us to cruise more often and we have never had a problem having them.

We have sailed in inside cabins many times including several time on the Vision. We do like balconies and get them on some cruises. Inside cabins allow us to cruise more often and we have never had a problem having them.

Ditto.

Sailed on the Vision in December (inside cabin). Had a great cruise. Ship was in good shape and the crew was outstanding.

Archived