When to book for Feb 07'

We want to book a Voyager class Caribbean cruise for February 2007 and have been shopping around. It will only be our second cruise so we aren't that familiar with booking and shopping. How soon do you pro's think we should book? We'll want a balcony room.

In looking around, it seems the RCCL site and all the internet travel agents are almost all about the same price for all the cruises we've looked at. Any suggestions on specific websites or agents to use for the best price?

Thanks for any help!:)

Book now. People frequently book a year or more in advance, especially to get what is considered the most desireable cabins (aft-facing balconies or balcony cabins on the "hump" in the center of the ship). There is really no harm in booking early because if the prices go down before you make your final payment, RCCL will honor the price drop. Therefore, it really is best to wait till close to the deadline (70 days before departure?- you'd have to check on that) to make your *final* payment.

Prices should be the same whether you book directly through Royal Caribbean or through a travel agent. Some people like the personal service of a TA that they are familiar with and trust. I have always booked directly through the cruise line and like the convenience of being able to call them 24-hours a day/7 days a week and knowing that someone will be there for me to talk to if I have a question or concern.

If you are cabin specific........it may already be too late........if you aren't cabin specific and don't care........I would still book now.

ditto the book now- i think you can get a 99 off the cabin deal - they offered this for new bookings that are booked within the 45 days of release of the new schedules - releases were may 1 - 10 = we are looking at booking one for oct 07 to get the 99 off...............go to rccl site to see the ships and sailings......you can book with them or with a t.a. and get the 99 off the cabin- good luck and have a great cruise!

I would book ASAP if I were you. I'm already booked for Feb '08! You don't say how many are in your party, but if you need a triple or a quad, you want to book now. These cabins are limited availability and sell out very quickly. Good luck!

Book now. The Super Bowl is in South Florida (Miami) Feb 4th and it is severely restricting the supply of hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. We booked the Radiance out of FLL for the Feb 3rd cruise and had difficulty finding a pre-cruise hotel back in early March.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll definitely be talking to the wife tonight. We'd be taking our daughter and I am seeing cabins for 3 available online today, sounds like we better not wait if we decide to go!

Yeah, I'm aware of the Super Bowl on 2/4, so we're not looking at cruises that would start or end that weekend.

Archived