Booking cruise questions from beginner

We've started looking for a Voyager Class Cruise in February 2007. It will only be our second cruise, so we aren't too familar with the process. Couple questions for you pro's out there::)

For Feb 2007, should we be thinking about getting something done soon? We'll want a balcony but not too particular beyond that. Though I do know from reading here that if a hump is available we should take it!

It seems the prices at RCCL's site and everywhere else we look on the internet are pretty much all the same. Are there any suggestions on websites or agents who might be lower than the prices at RCCL?

Thanks!!!!

The cruise lines do not allow travel agents to discount prices any more so the price will be the same everywhere. Some agents get around this by offering the standard price and then paying for a shore excursion or spa treatment or something similar. However, this is something they would likely do only for their better customers. As far as booking for next year, you have nothing to lose by doing it now. You can book now and get the cabin you want. If the price drops later on you should be able to get it adjusted downward. If you wait the price may go up and you may not get the cabin you want. If you change your mind completely later on you can always cancel and get your deposit back as long as you are outside the penaly cancellation period.

Thanks guys. I have another question. When you shop at the RCCL website it seems to only give you a limited number of cabins (5-6) to choose from. How do you find out which ones are really available so you have more selection?

Since there is no financial incentive to book directly with the cruise line I use a travel agent that only does cruises. Since my travel agent is local I can always visit them if there is a problem. I find this a much better option than dealing with a company directly and only being able to contact them by phone or E-mail. If I want to book I determine myself what cabin category I want. I then call the agent and tell them what I want. They get the cruise line on the phone and can then tell me specifically which cabins are available or not available.

As far as I know, there is no other way to find out which cabins are available except through your TA or by calling RCCL. There used to be sites that let you check availability, but no longer :rolleyes:

As already suggested, book early. the advantages are many!

Good Luck!

A~

Archived