Where to stay in Miami / Airport Transfer

drew2cruiser

Our group will be flying into Miami one day before our cruise (Jan '07). I have two questions I hope someone can help me out with. Any recommendations for a decent hotel and what’s the best bet for transportation from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port back to the airport. There are 4 of us in the group.

I would call the Holiday Inn now before it Sold out, Its across the street from Bayside Market, you will enjoy an evening there with your friends, lots of resturants and shops, you can even get a nice 10 minute back massage for like 12.00 dollars.

Take a cab to the Hotel from the Airport, The Hotel is only minutes from the Terminal, you can see the Ships from the Hotel if youre on a high floor. Then once on the ship, buy Transfers at 12.00 pp back to the airport.

Holiday Inn

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132

UNITED STATES

LOCAL PHONE: 1-305-371-4400

Fred

We had six people on the Valor a few weeks ago. We got the airport and found a van to the Holiday Inn. They guy even took us to a liquor store, waited while we bought a case of wine, and didn't charge us any extra. It cost $35 from Airport to HI Port of Miami. We gave him $60 (remember, we had 6 people). He picked us up the next morning and took us to the ship. Then when we got through customs the following Sunday we called him and he was there in 5 minutes to pick us up. He took 4 of us the the Alamo car rental near the airport and 2 people to a hotel at the airport and charged $35. I have his name and number. I'm not sure if it can be posted but if you want to email me I'll give it to you.....

You can also check out the Intercontinental which is in Downtown Miami...just a few steps from the port and a cab ride away from the port. Its a gorgeous hotel and if you get a room on the water side you get a GREAT view of the cruise ships!! The hotel is right next to Bayside so you can do some shopping or go to Los Ranchos for some delicious steak!

The airport is about a 20 minute ride to downtown and the port area. There is also a Hyatt a few blocks behind the Holiday Inn.

I live in Miami so if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

I would also recommend the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. Bayside is a great place to spend time, it is right on the water! You can walk there and have dinner, shop, and sit and listen to music too. I lived in Miami and you would be safe walking and staying in this hotel and it would take 5 minutes in a taxi to get to the Port of Miami the next day for your cruise.

You will pay alot more at the Intercontinental than at the Holiday Inn. The HI has a nice buffet breakfast which is 5$ if you become a member for free on their website. It is a clean hotel, not fancy but great location!!!! The book up fast so don't wait!!!!!!!!

We stayed at the Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove. Gorgeous rooms, right on the water, and around the corner from a bustling restaurant/shopping district. Book through Hotelopia.com for the best rate. We got Top Shuttle to take us to the port at $10 a head for a private van. Picked us up at 1pm, we were at the port by 1.20pm.

Going to post some pictures here real quick, if you pictures of your hotel rooms where ever in Miami post them.

This is room 901 at the Holiday Inn over looking Bayside Market and the Cruise Terminal, Note: Bayside has 2 Fireworks shows at night.

IMG_7551_420x280.jpg.93ca5d36ce59849bab7c795e3db59f5a.jpg

A question for IMONDROP where is the Radisson located, is it close to the port and how would the view be from the rooms there....thanks..........

Hi Carribean: The Radisson is located close to Biscayne Bay and the ports. I believe you get water and downtown views. The rooms are really nice.

I have never stayed there but I know that it is in downtown and very close to the ports so it is convinient for taxi or transportation purposes. Hope this helps :)

We are flying into MIA on 12/31/06, leaving on the imagination on 1/1/07. I currently have a room booked at the comfort inn airport.

Sounds like the hotels on biscayne are more convenient, etc. Besides the radisson and HI (radisson is $265 with a non-friendly cancellation policy) and the HI is booked, what else is right there?

Its my wife and 2 kids, so we really don't care about the NYE scene (well my wife and I would, but with the kids in tow...)

Thanks,

Kevin

I got the Hyatt too on priceline for $80 at the end of August. I chose Miami downtown 4 star hotel.

You will love the Hyatt. We stayed there in 2003 and we will be there again this Dec. Beautiful hotel. Really nice rooms with balcony overlooking the bay. You can see the ships off in the distant. We are also going to try the intercontinental for our post cruise. Heard lots of good things about that hotel also:)

• 3 weeks later...

Need a room for February 17, 2007 as we are leaving on the Victory february 18th.

Hyatt is booked up, so is the Holiday Inn, POM.

Can anyone tell me any info on the Holiday Inn Express? It seems they have free shuttle from the Airport, but will have to pay for taxi to pier.

Would it be worth it to try to get this hotel on Priceline and what rating would it be?

Thanks for any info,

• 3 weeks later...

If possible stay at the Holiday Inn. Great location and beautiful veiws out of the windows. We always come down a day before the cruise and book a night there to enjoy the Bayside Market. We have been doing it for several years. (in fact the hotel was the Best Western, when we started). You better book it ASAP tho' We will be coming back a day before you leave, we are booked for the 28th of dec. going for a 7 night on the 29th on RCCL.

Book the hotel today or it may be too late.:(

Enjoy your cruise!

Joie58

the Holiday inn was already booked. So were several of my other choices. I was able to get the Intercontinental, the one around the bay. Does anyone know anything about that hotel? Close (within walking distance) to Bayside Market?

Thanks,

Archived