Where to stay in Miami / Airport Transfer

drew2cruiser

We will be getting into Miami at Dec. 28th @ 9:30 a.m. check in luggage and go to the Bayside for the day, just come back to the hotel to sleep, wake up in morning and go to the ship. So actually we're like the other poster

"I just want a clean bed and plan on taking a taxi to the pier in the late morning."

Last time we stayed there, left windows open and fell asleep to salsa music and awoke to see our ship at port.

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott? We have a room booked there for our cruise on Sept. 24. I got a better deal there then at the Holiday Inn but it seems like everyone stays there. If it is a better hotle then I may change to the Holiday Inn.

I got the Hyatt for something like $28 a night a few years ago for our Majesty cruise and we were far from the boiler room. :) We had a beautiful room high up and overlooking the pier. Early the next AM we looked out and there was our ship...just waiting for us. If you have a back up plan and some time before you leave it doesn't hurt to start low and bid again later.

At the time many people who coaxed me to try Priceline also suggested that we just take a taxi to the ship. Some offer shuttles but you need to wait for them to fill and there is also the possibility of your luggage taking the wrong ship if it is similar to other pieces on the shuttle.:(

I have a free SW ticket for our cruise next April however we will be flying into Ft Lauderdale and not Miami. Can anyone tell me what it will cost for 2...possibly 4 people to get to Miami? We had relatives pick us up last time and we took them out to dinner and paid for parking and I think it might be easier (and maybe cheaper) to just hop in a cab this time?

Can anyone tell me what it will cost for 2...possibly 4 people to get to Miami?

Tri County Airport Express shuttle service charges $18 per person. www.floridalimo.com

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

Taxicab from FLL to Miami runs about $70-$80

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott? We have a room booked there for our cruise on Sept. 24. I got a better deal there then at the Holiday Inn but it seems like everyone stays there. If it is a better hotle then I may change to the Holiday Inn.

Last few times I have checked the Holiday Inn is full. Maybe closer to the date some will open.

Archived