Carnival Pools

pinkbuggy

A friend of mine went on the Carnival Inspiration or Sensation a few years ago and said the pool water was salt water. I went on the Miracle last fall but did not notice salt water in the pools. She insists it is just ocean water. I am thinking it is a type of desalinated water - salt water cleaned. Obviously the pools would have to be chlorinated and cleaned each day as well. Does anyone know if this is true? I understand ships are very efficient thus I think it must be desalinated water. Just a curiousity. Thank you :)

A friend of mine went on the Carnival Inspiration or Sensation a few years ago and said the pool water was salt water. I went on the Miracle last fall but did not notice salt water in the pools. She insists it is just ocean water. I am thinking it is a type of desalinated water - salt water cleaned. Obviously the pools would have to be chorinated and cleaned each day as well. Does anyone know if this is true? I understand ships are very efficient thus I think it must be desalinated water. Just a curiousity. Thank you :)

Pools are salt water (ocean water)... they are not chlorinated, which is why non potty trained kids are not allowed in (no diapers)

Pools are salt water (ocean water)... they are not chlorinated, which is why non potty trained kids are not allowed in (no diapers)

The fact that the pools are not chlorinated has nothing to do with non potty trained children being allowed in or nit. No potty trained children are not allowed in any public pool whether they are chlorinated or not, while chlorine kills germs it is not instantaneous.

The fact that the pools are not chlorinated has nothing to do with non potty trained children being allowed in or nit. No potty trained children are not allowed in any public pool whether they are chlorinated or not, while chlorine kills germs it is not instantaneous.

Non potty trained children are allowed in most chlorinated pools if they are wearing swim diapers... not the case on Carnival and you would think one of the main reasons is because the pools are not chlorinated.

During one of my classes that I have to take for my job on water supply, the instructor told us "The one thing you have to remember...you cannot dissenfect a turd!"

The pools are all salt water and if you'll notice, they empty them every night, then refill them the next day with new salt water. They do have fresh water showers to rinse off with after you get out. Each pool has one right by it. http://community.webshots.com/photo/64207829/1064209423030186251MKxwje

The shower is the big chrome pipe sticking up in the middle of the picture.

Non potty trained children are allowed in most chlorinated pools if they are wearing swim diapers... not the case on Carnival and you would think one of the main reasons is because the pools are not chlorinated.

The only purpose in swim diapers is that they do not get a soggy as regular diapers. ALL health codes prohibit non potty trained children from being in public pools weather they have on "swim" diapers or not. There are no exceptions. As as been said "you cannot sanitize a ......"

It is a myth that swim diapers are meant to keep waste in, they are designed to keep excess moisture out.

Don't know that the pools are heated-I was on the Valor in March and the water was VERY cold! Now I'm used to cold water being from the UP of Michigan, and having taken many dips in Lake Superior, I have to say, the water in the pool was PRETTY DARN CLOSE! Guess you just expect it to be warm if you are in the Caribbean!

By the way, ladies, I found out that salt water does very nasty things to artificial nails! Beware!:(

The only purpose in swim diapers is that they do not get a soggy as regular diapers. ALL health codes prohibit non potty trained children from being in public pools weather they have on "swim" diapers or not. There are no exceptions. As as been said "you cannot sanitize a ......"

It is a myth that swim diapers are meant to keep waste in, they are designed to keep excess moisture out.

Ah, but how do you explain all the baby swimming classes held at the Y and various locations around the country? American Red Cross lessons begin at 6 months... I don't know any 6 month old potty trained baby. My nephew is in one of those classes... So, are all of these places breaking the law?? I seriously thought it was because of the chlorine... but perhaps I am wrong. I do realize that swim diapers cannot contain all waste... I know that, but I'm no chlorine expert, so I don't know why they allow it at the Y and other pools everywhere.

Good point. when we were in Orlando at the Nick hotel the babies could swim but they had to wear swim diapers all the way up to age 4. And they sold swim diapers. No swim diapers you couldn't get in the pool.

Carla

Ah, but how do you explain all the baby swimming classes held at the Y and various locations around the country? American Red Cross lessons begin at 6 months... I don't know any 6 month old potty trained baby. My nephew is in one of those classes... So, are all of these places breaking the law?? I seriously thought it was because of the chlorine... but perhaps I am wrong. I do realize that swim diapers cannot contain all waste... I know that, but I'm no chlorine expert, so I don't know why they allow it at the Y and other pools everywhere.

Out 18 month old has been swimming in public pools for a year, did classes a year ago - swim diaper required and approved by the pools...

The "not allowed in any public pool" is one of those untrue "I know it all" rumors ...

Thank you for the information. I didn't notice the salt water, but I did notice how cold the pool was at first...it wasn't so bad once I got in. The rinse shower was ice!

So it is standard for all cruise lines to use salt water in the pools? I don't know why I am so fascinated about this, but I really had no idea the pools were salt water.

Thank you.

So it is standard for all cruise lines to use salt water in the pools? I don't know why I am so fascinated about this, but I really had no idea the pools were salt water.

Princess and Disney have fresh water pools. As far as I know, all the others have salt water pools.

Princess and Disney have fresh water pools. As far as I know, all the others have salt water pools.

Disney has fresh water pools? Then that means they are chlorinated. Hmmm......is it maybe because they have more kids in the pool?;)

Archived