Serenade or Legend/Southern Carribean

Ugh! My heart is divided.

They just posted the itineriaries for Legend out of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Don't know what to do.

San Juan or Santo - is there a big difference with this arrival/departure ports?

Anything else to consider (I do like the Serenade better - but like Legend's itinerary!!!)? :confused:

HELP

Ugh! My heart is divided.

They just posted the itineriaries for Legend out of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Don't know what to do.

San Juan or Santo - is there a big difference with this arrival/departure ports?

Anything else to consider (I do like the Serenade better - but like Legend's itinerary!!!)? :confused:

HELP

I would do the Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan. I would be a little scared to leave out of Santo Domingo with it being a new embarkation port. Although San Juan is in the Caribbean, too, Royal Caribbean has been sailing out of there for years and has it worked out pretty well. I liked the Adventure better than Radiance-class, so I would probably go on Adventure, but if you like Serenade of the Seas thats what you should do. Legend or Serenade would be great, but I would pick Serenade.

I liked the Adventure better than Radiance-class, so I would probably go on Adventure, but if you like Serenade of the Seas thats what you should do. Legend or Serenade would be great, but I would pick Serenade.

Thank you for that. It take me a while to choose Serenade. This is more to celebrate a wedding anniversary. That's why I chose SOS over AOS. Would you do the same?

Have you checked to see if your airport is listed for the sailings departing from Santo Domingo? I was surprised that our Cincinnati airport is NOT listed. :( Leads me to believe we would have to provide our own transportation to Santo Domino. That may help make your decision for you, if your airport isn’t listed.

Both itineraries look interesting. They sure are port intensive – 5 ports in 7 days. Good to see RCCL is mixing things up a bit & finally offering a different combination of ports. :)

Whatever you decide, I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time.

Happy Cruisin’

Suzy B

Have you checked to see if your airport is listed for the sailings departing from Santo Domingo?
Suzy B, Thanks for that. Yes I checked. It would still be connecting flights for me from PHX to there.

I have Continental but for this cruise (either one) I think I better do American Airlines - they know the Carribbean.

We loved our Serenade cruise this April and highly recommend it. The itienerary was excellent. We enjoyed the Radiance class at least if not ore than Mariner. This itinerary is so port intensive that some of the extras such as the skating rink weren't missed at all.

One advantage to San Juan is that it is a US port - easier to make transfer arrangements on your own and fewer immigration/customs issues to consider.

Archived