Med. in OCTOBER??

Hi

We are travelling on a Med Cruise in October. Barcelona, Marseille, Villefranche, Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples. Any ideas on the weather? I'm most concerned with our trip on the Amalfi Coast. I am hoping to see beautiful views and hope it's not hindered by nasty weather.

Will there be lemons in October?? HOw will the weather be in Naples/Amalfi this time of the year?

Hi

We are travelling on a Med Cruise in October. Barcelona, Marseille, Villefranche, Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples. Any ideas on the weather? I'm most concerned with our trip on the Amalfi Coast. I am hoping to see beautiful views and hope it's not hindered by nasty weather.

Will there be lemons in October?? HOw will the weather be in Naples/Amalfi this time of the year?

We were on the 9/30 - 10/12 sailing of the Liberty last year, and the weather was great. The worst we had was some rain in Venice (10/4), but it wasn't cold - just a bit nasty. Luckily, we were there overnite and the next day was better. In Cannes (10/10) the weather was warm and beautiful. Overall I think the temps were perfect for touring.;)

Hi

You will be just fine.Here is a link to give you some idea of usual temps,but with the crazy weather all over this year I don't think anyone could say for sure what yiu will have.

Weatherbase

We were in the Med for 24 days last year from mid September into October. We really enjoyed the weather and the fact that there were less crowds than one would find in the peak of the summer.

One of our stops was Sorrento and we saw lemons on the trees there.

Again, it is a beautiful time to visit the Mediterranean.

Keith

Through special growing techniques they are able to harvest those fantasic Sorrento lemons all year. However, the best time is from Spring through Fall. You will be able to enjoy the lemons (and perhaps a little Limoncello too!.):)

Archived