Radiance of the Sea

Just wanted to know who has been on the Radiance and what you thought about it? This will be my 2nd cruise first time on the Radiance my 1st was on the Rhapsody of the Sea out of Galveston and it was great. If anyone has any picture of it that would be great also. Also I was wondering if anyone has done the 8 night Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale on the Radiance or is the a new itinerary? Thats the one I booked for Dec. 07 and havnt really seen reviews about it. Thanks

Just wanted to know who has been on the Radiance and what you thought about it? This will be my 2nd cruise first time on the Radiance my 1st was on the Rhapsody of the Sea out of Galveston and it was great. If anyone has any picture of it that would be great also. Also I was wondering if anyone has done the 8 night Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale on the Radiance or is the a new itinerary? Thats the one I booked for Dec. 07 and havnt really seen reviews about it. Thanks

You might want to post here on the RADIANCE Board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269

Shell

My husband and I just returned from 11-day cruisetour on the Radiance of the Seas. This was my third RCCL cruise and the first on this small of a ship. Please note, when I say small - it is by no means small. This ship is perfect!

Glass enclosed elevators overlooking the seas and a great centrum bar with rotating entertainment acts. The crew is friendly and fun and the captain (Lokling) a true charmer. Anywhere this trip sails will be fun! If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer for you!

We will be going on the Radiance this September for the second time on her, our 35th cruise total. The Radiance is our favorite ship, it is just the right size for us, the ship rides well, easy to get around, well cared for, and an excellent and friendly staff. Enjoy!!!

Bill

Radiance is the best ship that RCCL has at the moment, pretty biased I suppose, but then she is our favourite ship, we last sailed on her in January and are due back Nov25th for a btb, this will be our 33rd and 34th cruises with RCCL another six with other companies but RCCL are best.

Radiance have friendly staff and a gorgeous captain!!

Helen

Scotland

UK

All of the Radiance class ships are great. We will be sailing on the 8-night Eastern Caribbean route this fall. It will be our second time on Radiance of the Seas and our third cruise on a Radiance class ship. We find them to be the most sophisticated class of ships RCCL has-they are truly beautiful with all the glass and artwork. Chops and Portofinos are wonderful-the food and the service in those restaurants is outstanding.

You probably won't see any reviews of the 8-night cruise until November. Radiance is currently in Alaska and returns to Fort Lauderdale in October. We are on the first 8-night sailing which is Oct. 28.

To whoever is sailing on the 8 nt eastern when you do.. dont forget to come back and update. I would really like to know how great it is :D thanks everyone for replying back and the for the info.

I sailed on the Radiance two years ago for a 16-night Panama Canal cruise and I LOVED her. She is my favorite ship of all those I have been on. Lots of glass and light, the Windjammer buffet is broken up nicely to cut down on any lines or waiting, friendly staff, great size, etc. I could go on and on raving about her and the wonderful time I had. I actually look to see where she is and what itinerary she is doing when I book a cruise now because I would be thrilled to sail on her again anytime.

we got back last week from a b2b on her we had a great time, the ships captain and crew were the best, They had two musicial shows, The Pianoman was great, and so was the other one, cant remember the name, This was the 3rd and 4th time we have sailed her, our favoirite from the fleet

Am really interested in your cruisetour experience. We are interested in booking one and I haven't been able to find a lot of information. Please send separate correspondence to pegmills@juno.com since I don't want to hijack this thread. :rolleyes:

To the OP, we sailed the Radiance in March (Western) and absolutely loved it. Best cruise we've had. :)

We will be going on the Radiance this September for the second time on her, our 35th cruise total. The Radiance is our favorite ship, it is just the right size for us, the ship rides well, easy to get around, well cared for, and an excellent and friendly staff. Enjoy!!!

Bill

Greetings from N. Ky;

just saw your post about the Radiance. We sailed her in Nov 2005 and rebooked her for Nov of 2006. We share your thoughts that this is the best that we have sailed on. Everything about it is great and we are soooo looking forward to our 8 day trip in Nov. Nice to hear that our neighbors have such great tastes in cruisin'. Perhaps one day we will be fortunate enough to meet ya'll. take care, Bill

My husband and I just returned from 11-day cruisetour on the Radiance of the Seas. This was my third RCCL cruise and the first on this small of a ship. Please note, when I say small - it is by no means small. This ship is perfect!

Glass enclosed elevators overlooking the seas and a great centrum bar with rotating entertainment acts. The crew is friendly and fun and the captain (Lokling) a true charmer. Anywhere this trip sails will be fun! If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer for you!

Well we are leaving friday for our 12 day tour starting in Anchorage, Talkeenta, Denali, Fairbanks then south bound to Vancouver. How was the weather, 16 days is a long time and hard to pack for with 4 people. When were the formal nights? Did you have lots of rain?

We've cruised on the Radiance twice - 1st cruise was an 11 day from Vancouver to Hawaii a year and a half ago. Second cruise on this beautiful ship was just in April - 14 nights through the Panama Canal. She is a beautiful ship with a great crew and Captain. Here is a link to two sites where you'll see lots and lots of pic of my favourite RCCL ship. Enjoy your cruise!

http://public.fotki.com/bdb36/radc/

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/media.asp?hid=4104&vessel=225&lineid=44&mpg=p&p=/images/cabin/royal_caribbean_44/44_225_cab_c_ste_75.jpg&pg=1

Love the Radiance. I went in April and was worried about it since I had been on the Voyager before that. Had a great time...no complaints. I guess I really don't care about the size of the ship...as long as I'm cruising. Vision up next.

Love the Radiance. I went in April and was worried about it since I had been on the Voyager before that. Had a great time...no complaints. I guess I really don't care about the size of the ship...as long as I'm cruising. Vision up next.

The Vision is also very nice.

Archived