At last! Pictures of the New Century!!!

Sparkle 123

Here is a link to some photos taken on the Century this weekend on a 3 day mini cruise.I have put them on in a hurry as I know a lot of people have been patiently waiting to see them.Will add more when I get chance.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=2881

We thought the ship was fantastic, any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you for your information and posting pictures, especially inside cabin and fitness center. I'm very happy to see eliptical trainers as Galaxy & some or all Millennium class ships have them, but Mercury did not when I was on Mercury last November. What are the LCD TV screens on the eliptical trainers and treadmills -- are they actually TVs with same services as in cabin or are they fitness monitors to observe fitness progress? You mean I can review my shipboard account, watch TV, check out & reserve shore excursions while I'm working out? I'll be on Century in Sept. 2006 and May 2007, so it was nice to read your info and see the pictures. Thanks again.

THANKs SO MUCH FOR THE PICS -- especially for the ones of the new sunset balconies. I was thinking of upgrading from my standard balcony to one of those, but I don't think I will, now. Don't want people looking up at me or me down on them.

We really appreciate the pictures. I can hardly wait to get on board for a B2B in October. Also thanks for the pictures of the food. I have been forewarned and my diet starts today. I was surprised at the casual dining area. Thin wooden legged chairs on a hardwood floor could mean lots of eventual damage not to mention noise for the cabins below.

I think all the bathrooms have the new sinks. While they are quite small, they were are nice to use. Because they are vessel sinks, they sit a little higher and require less bending to wash you face, etc. The faucet was tall and mounted to the side so it did not get in your way when doing the above mentioned items. The bathroom was very compact but functioned nicely. The shower was a good size compared to others I've seen. I don't know if this was a change or not. The hair dryer in the bath was not good for much except defogging the mirror. It is mounted directly over the toilet and I guess they were concerned about it falling into the toilet so the cord is very short. There is an additional portable hair dryer under the sink that can be used at the desk in the cabin. The towels were wonderful.

The video monitors in the fitness center were not operable on our cruise so I don't know what you can access with them. In fact, we only had a couple of channels working in our stateroom. There were lots of people on board scurrying around working on the entertainment, video systems. There are large flat screen tv's throughout the ship so I am sure they have big plans for this system.

Thanks for the photos of the balconies overlooking the bar area. We have three of these booked at thanksgiving time for a family cruise. Soooo.... my question is, do you remember what the hours are for the bar below these balconies? Is this bar area used for any late night activities? Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Lisa D

Lisa,

The Sunset area is used all day from 7.00Am (Breakfast) to 10.30Pm (Casual Dining).They do have a guitar/Singer and the hours of entertainment are as follows 5.15pm - 6.00pm,7.30pm - 8.30pm,10.00pm - 12.00 midnight.This information was on our Celebrity Daily in our Cabin.I can confirm it was a popular area when the weather was nice.Hope this helps you with your concerns.

Thanks for the photos of the balconies overlooking the bar area. We have three of these booked at thanksgiving time for a family cruise. Soooo.... my question is, do you remember what the hours are for the bar below these balconies? Is this bar area used for any late night activities? Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Lisa D

I'm sure it will be fine.:) I have been in cabins below the Sunset Bar on The Summit and Millenium. The hours are not as bad as it sounds.;) Up until 08:30p.m., you are either at dinner or going to dinner. There really are hardly any people at the aft until midnight, maybe a few cigar smokers. We also found that we didn't hear anything when our balcony door was closed. It can't be that much different on the Century.:rolleyes:

Thanks DMK!

We have one of the Century Suites (just under the sunset grill/bar area, I think) and I had seen other people posting that the noise wasn't a problem for these types of aft cabins.

You have reassurred me.

Mary

Archived