Meet & Mingle Door Signs

I finally figured it out. The reservation was under my wife's last name, yes she is going to change it but I can't rush this, it's only been a year :p. We are registered and there are now 101 registered for the party. I will pass the word to the other 4 in our group.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am brand spankin' new to the whole cruise critic/meet and mingle scene, and was wondering the purpose/benefits of using this door sign? Not being snarky, I honestly just don't know how it all works.....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Since It's in Adobe, there is very little you can do with it unless you have a strong graphics program. It gets a tad convoluted, but you can print it, scan it as a picture, then do some cut and paste work on the sign to make it however you want it. Bring in other graphics, ect.

Of just make your own sign. But take several copies as these things tend to grow legs and wander off.

Bassnote, I usually make up my own off the scrapbooking program and this is the first time thru our Roll Call where others are asking for assistance on making one up for them. I am making a couple up for one of our RC Members, a CC sign and our Roll Call sign. I am using a differant design for them. Others are using the Commemorative Pin design.

Gay

• 5 weeks later...
I am brand spankin' new to the whole cruise critic/meet and mingle scene, and was wondering the purpose/benefits of using this door sign? Not being snarky, I honestly just don't know how it all works.....

Thanks!

I put print mine on Magnetic paper from Avery and put it on the outside of cabin door, especally if you are with a group. I also have taken double sided tape and taped it on the door since some of them are not metal but wood. It is fun to see members whose CC name you know but not their real names. I also have been putting up a magnetic white paper that I make notes on for the other people I travel with to know where I am going when I am not with them, like husbands! I got new ones for the Inaugural of the Oasis and Allure when we were part of the I'mma Critter family and I am so thankful to have had them made up for us.

Take care...

Irene & Miles Church

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted to bring over the post from the old boards with the file I made that you can use to print your name on these door signs:

Well, I seem to be a sucker for something the least bit geeky... You can download this rtf file which should open up into Microsoft Word just fine. There is a text box in the right place (at least for my printer) with a dummy screen name that you can change to yours.

Laura, please feel free to take this file and move it to the cruisecritic web space if you like.

You may be able to open it with a direct click, or if not, then try right clicking on the link and doing a "Save As" to your local hard drive.

Cruise Critic Sign Name

If the position is wrong on your printer, click near the name so you can see the borders of the text box, then right-click on the border and edit the properties. There should be a "Position" tab which you can adjust to tweak the final location. Hopefully it will work fine for most if not everyone, just as it is.

Theron

clicking on sign name link takes you to a dead link on AOL.

For anyone who may be reading this thread from front to back... the link to this file was deleted when AOL eliminated their user web hosting service several years ago.

And it doesn't matter, because the situation has been OBE (overcome by events), namely the posting of updated sign files that allow you to directly edit and add your user name to the sign, then print it out.

See the link in this post for the updated sign:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20532729&postcount=175

Theron

• 1 month later...
Howdy, friends and neighbors, Bassnote_1 here with an updated link to some door signs. Both of the free hosting sites are (or have) shut down or go to a pay by the month feature. Being cheap, I've moved them to a folder provided by my ISP that should remain functional as long as I do! Given the current state of things, that particular number is also declining.

Anyway, here is the new location: Door Signs! The actual URL is very long and complicated or I'd post the whole thing.

Anyway, there are three signs in there. One is a custom sign I made for a friends upcoming 10-4 Southern Caribbean on the Adventure of the Seas. The other two are the Original CruiseCritic.com sign and a new and improved Version.

All three have a text box added to them that you can type whatever data you'd like to share (remember, even creepy stalkers take cruises, too). You may need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to make the magic work, but that is free for the taking from here. If you are having any troubles downloading the sign or whatever, just contact me via email and I'll send you the bloomin' thing! :D

Anyway, enjoy your upcoming cruises (you lucky dogs, you) and have a great day!

thanks so much Bassnote for the links - loved them all :)

thanks so much Bassnote for the links - loved them all :)

We too want to thank you, Bassnote for the Links... I would like a new sign for the 2012 sailings. Maybe you could make up a new one. That one with the sunset is so beautiful but I am not going on the Adventure of the Seas, just the Oasis, Allure and Brilliance again. Hopefully we can make a spring sailing on something Royal.

Take care..

Irene & Miles

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

There are a variety of reasons people use Door Signs. Just some examples:

1. Indicate your door amongst all the others - makes it easier to find for your children or yourselves in the long line of doors.

2. Celebration of some sort - birthday, anniversary, holiday, other.

3. Free advertising for your group - (in this case CC).

4. If you want your CC friends to be able to find you.

5. It's a whole lotta fun!!

When I see the various door signs it makes me smile knowing how much work went into the job to personalise them and how much joy they bring to your family, friends, passers by.

But that's just my opinion :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone just have the blue Cruise Critic logo they can share so I can copy and past it? I searched the thread and found some really neat signs that folks have created here, but I want something different. I would like to make my own Meet N Mingle sign, but converge it with something that says we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary onboard our Allure sailing on 5/27/12.

Thanks in advance...