Meet & Mingle Door Signs

• 1 month later...
I printed out the Cruise Critic Sign, but I also made up our own off Microsoft recently for our Cruise in Oct 2008 to Hawaii. My only question , how can I secure it to the door

Hi G, Fancy meeting you here. :D I happened to see your post here when I went on the main board.

What I have done in the past is gone to Guest Relations or the concierge and asked to borrow some tape. I have also seen some people bring a magnetic fridge clip and use that.

I have a Cruise Critic Door sign that was pinted on heavy photo paper that somene gave me a couple of cruises ago. I have taken it on a couple of cruises and has held up well. I'm wondering if it is the same door sign that you have. I could scan it to you if you like.

See you over on the roll call.

• 2 weeks later...
Bassnote1

I can't get either of your links to show the sign. I get onto each page but when i click it doesn't come up. Help!

Hey, Floflegs, sometimes the sites get a bit wonky but I just tested them and got it to work just fine. You might try it again and make sure that you have acrobat reader installed. You can install it for free at

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

If you still can't get the websites to work send me at email at Bassnote1@gmail.com and I will send you the file direct. You will still need acrobat installed to open it.

Let me know how else I can help!

Get out there!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I made my own door sign w/magnetic paper from Staples. Just with our name, town and state and cruise critic name. Does any one know if the magnetic paper will stick to the doors on Royal Car. Serenade?

My hubby thinks it is silly. I am taking it anyway. I also made up a business card with our name and email. Last cruise we kept talking about exchanging info but never actually did it.

The business cards are a great idea!

Bassnote first of all I want to say thank you for the easy way to get my cruise critic sign to let me put my name. It worked GREAT ! Also for all who are interested in the magnetic paper, I get mine at Walmart. I put it on my printer like regular paper and it works great. I have been on 8 cruises and it has stuck on each and every cruiseship door. I make all kinds of cute pics with this and then I cut them and sometimes get 4 pics off one magnetic sheet. I have been having them for about ten years and they are still good to use. We have gotten so many compliments on these signs and they have never gotten stolen off the door.

RVRCLC: I posted a site of a winter scene for Alaskan cruisers last yr. but deleted it from my Favs, I guess, because I can't find it now. Do a search if you need it. It was b4 Sept. 06. Another CCer designed it & it's cool!

• 2 weeks later...

I've used door signs for a few years, and make one with a blank spot on it (covered with clear contact paper) so you have a spot to leave messages for other family members (such as at the pool, spa, etc.). The only problem I have is that I've had my dry-eraser markers taken, so now I usually leave them on the inside of the door. If you don't cover it with something like the clear contact paper, what you write on the magnet won't come off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have the opposite situation......we have ALOT of people on our roll,but since its only 6 days,no OFFICIAL M and M........but of course,we are making our own.:D .

Sorry to say Aggiemother......we jumped ship from your cruise....if we didnt,you would have at least 13 more...:o But no,you arent allowed to contact others....sorry..

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am trying to attach a countdown clock, all new to us this board forum stuff but when I copy and paste only the url is showing in preview not the picture we used to create the clock from ie the pre-selected ones... I selected from the create your countdown clock... what are we doing wrong.... using a mac

• 3 weeks later...

DW and I are headed for Freedom on 5/4/08. I've enrolled on the roll call for FotS - 05/04/2008 and will enroll in the M&M when I do the advanced registration online when I know cabin number. I saw this thread and thought "What a great idea!!" If you haven't located a template for name tags Avery.com has many. And they're the right price -- FREE!!! Just look in their downloads area under templates and their form number for name tags/labels. i am making use of the template for clear labels to print one with font and pitch and color that I want.

I have converted the PDF to a Word (.doc) file, because I couldn't enter data onto the PDF in Acrobat (reader only); but it is too big to attach here. email me, or IM me, if you want a copy and I'll send one to your email addy. I don't have a public webpage I can attach it to either.

Later.