Will They Empty The Mini Bar?

Absolutely. Just ask him when you meet him (if you have not by the time Muster gets there) then just leave him a note on the "sticky tab" that your sure to bring (because it's on the CC - got to have/take list).

When you get back to your cabin it will be empty.

One warning - it just keeps it cool at best. NOT COLD...... So ask for ICE to be delivered with your breakfast from room service.

Have a great cruise.

Pat

Thanks, for the quick reply. :) Yes, room service breakfast is a must for us. :D I'll be sure to request ice. We've happened upon a few mini bars on ships that actually will get cold, if you turn them down far enough. All of them don't have a way to do that though. It's a shame they won't all get cold. The sticky notes will be packed & a nice note requesting content removal will be left. :)

If your room steward hesitates at emptying the mini bar, just take all the itmes and put them on the top shelf, in the cabinet above your safe. Be sure to let your room guy know you are doing this so he doesnt charge you for the items.

Then, saturday night, sunday morning, simply return all the items to the fridge!

FYI, if you move the shelf all the way to the top, in the fridge, you will have enough room to stand two 2-liter bottles and also to be able to lay one down, acrosss the top shelf.

Happy Cruising!

How well does the ice buckets hold ice? Do the larger ones hold ice better, or not as good? The ice buckets on Celebrity don't hold ice for very long at all. I'm sure the salt in the water the ice is made from has something to do with that. Does anyone have any suggestions for making the ice last longer?

If your room steward hesitates at emptying the mini bar, just take all the itmes and put them on the top shelf, in the cabinet above your safe. Be sure to let your room guy know you are doing this so he doesnt charge you for the items.

Then, saturday night, sunday morning, simply return all the items to the fridge!

FYI, if you move the shelf all the way to the top, in the fridge, you will have enough room to stand two 2-liter bottles and also to be able to lay one down, acrosss the top shelf.

Happy Cruising!

We always buy our soft drinks in cans. We may also bring some bottled water. I always drink lots of water on a cruise, & recently read on here that the ships water may actually be making me swell more. This defeats the purpose for drinking all the water. I don't know why that never occurred to me before. :rolleyes: How many cans & bottles of water do you think will fit in the fridge? We can always replace the one we remove with another, if we need to.

If you need the minibar emptied I woud be glad to help - glug, glug, glug....:rolleyes:

LOL!!! :D Some of those mini bottles do seem to spend the entire cruise enticing you to imbibe. I've decided it's a conspiracy to brainwash you into ordering more mixed drinks that include those yummy flavors in the mini bottles. :p Then there's usually some things that make me wonder who drinks that stuff. :o

I'm sure the salt in the water the ice is made from has something to do with that.

:confused: You're joking, right?

Ice that is intended to be consumed is NOT made out of salt water....

We always buy our soft drinks in cans. We may also bring some bottled water. I always drink lots of water on a cruise, & recently read on here that the ships water may actually be making me swell more. This defeats the purpose for drinking all the water. I don't know why that never occurred to me before. :rolleyes: How many cans & bottles of water do you think will fit in the fridge? We can always replace the one we remove with another, if we need to.

Just FYI - we were able to hold two 2-liter bottles (one standing and one laying on the top rack) and one 1-gallon bottle of water, in the fridge at one time. DH brought Three 2-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper and I brought two 1-gallon bottles of water. We swapped out when containers got empty. It's also cheaper ($$) this way...

Now, in response to your actual question -

I am going to say that the fridge can hold up to 3 six packs and 6 small bottles of water at any one time.

Configuration of - 2 six-packs, one on top of another & next to those 4 bottles of water, then put the shelf on top of all that & hold 1 six-pack upright and 2 bottles of water laying down.

Bring as much as you need as you can always replenish as you use the items up.

Happy Sailing!

:confused: You're joking, right?

Ice that is intended to be consumed is NOT made out of salt water....

Desalinazation...

Yes, it is a word that simply means..."removing salt."

On every cruise I've ever been on I also have the "bloat." I also feel like everything tastes "salty." It's because the ships use seawater that has been "desalinated"....There's no escaping it..Anything that is cooked with even a little bit of water will have that taste or maybe not the taste, but the effect of salt...bloating!!!

Ever notice how the buckets of ice in your cabin melt a lot faster than the buckets of ice in a land based hotel??? It's because all the water contains salt...

What do you use to melt the ice in your driveway after an ice storm...SALT!!

I have a friend who owns a desalinazation plant in the Caribbean who explained it.

Of course it doesn't make us happy when we are bloated but some have a high tolerance to it and others have the side effects of the swollen ankles and weight gain. It's quite normal...just uncomfortable.

Yes, it's true....

Bottled water, walking, exercise and elimination of alcohol (don't know if that will happen!!!) will help the swelling.

All the people who drink the inclusive iced tea/water/lemonade are really drinking salt water...

Desalinazation only goes so far at sea....and I think that's why we all gain a few pounds (salt bloat) but two days after we're home...we're back to normal weight...well, almost!!!

This was posted on another thread. Although I'd never thought of it like that before, it does make sense.

Just FYI - we were able to hold two 2-liter bottles (one standing and one laying on the top rack) and one 1-gallon bottle of water, in the fridge at one time. DH brought Three 2-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper and I brought two 1-gallon bottles of water. We swapped out when containers got empty. It's also cheaper ($$) this way...

Now, in response to your actual question -

I am going to say that the fridge can hold up to 3 six packs and 6 small bottles of water at any one time.

Configuration of - 2 six-packs, one on top of another & next to those 4 bottles of water, then put the shelf on top of all that & hold 1 six-pack upright and 2 bottles of water laying down.

Bring as much as you need as you can always replenish as you use the items up.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks again for the info. :) It sounds like the fridges on RCCL ships are larger than those on Celebrity ships.

I am the Diet Pepsi morning addict! I carry a small cooler (8 cans) with some ice as one of my carry-ons. I can have a cold Pepsi when we board, and have a cooler filled with ice in the cabin at all times. We buy more in port as needed. I also have cold Pepsi with ice for the time spent waiting around for our color to be called at debarkation. Also drink some more waiting at the airport.I have a plastic glass in there too.:p

On Grandeur in a JS the cabin steward refused. So we just took out the stuff and placed it on a unused shelf. On Sovereign in a JS I didn't bother to ask I just took the stuff out and sat it on a shelf, the cabin steward came in about 30 min later and took RCI's stuff out of the room for us.

Archived