***LIVE From The CROWN Princess!!!***

Bassethound

i was wondering if it will be hard to actually get into it if there is a limit on the number of people at one time. is there a waiting list or something? and how long do u get to stay in it? just wondering....as i am going w/my 3 year old....i would like to maybe go for a little while to get some peace and quiet....lol

thanks, gina

I'm really very interested in anything you have to say about....well about anything. :)

1. All the pics I've seen of the balcony rooms show bedspreads. Are there really duvets instead?

2. Any news from the staff about use of the sanctuary? Have you 'occupied a chair' there yet? Did you pay to do that? Were you able to stay as long as you wanted? I'm most curious about how/if they will attempt to limit time spent there. If you've been there, was it crowded? Was there a line to get in?

3. International cafe - can you give an idea of the food items offered there and what types of thing are free and what has a fee?

4. Vines - can you give an idea of what types of seafood items are offered?

5. Crown Grill/Sabatinis - if you can get your hands on a menu to bring back and scan, that would be wonderful. :)

6. UBD - still the same price/menu?

7. weather - I've never sailed from NY. Were the first two days 'tropical' enough to enjoy the sun and pools right from the start?

8. Do the staff seem comfortable and knowledgeable? Does it seem like the well oiled machine of any other cruise or are you experiencing much inaugural sailing confusion from the staff?

9. Anything else you'd like to say about the day to day goings on. I'd love to have any detailed recap of anything you saw and did (if you've got nothing else better to do while on vacation ;) ).

I'll be in C752 on July 29.

THANKS!!

Other questions????????

MENUs!! Which dining option did you select and what are the menus like? I am dying to find out about the food served in the dining rooms. Also, please tell us about the Captain's Circle cocktail party.

Do you have to make a reservation at the Sanctuary yet? Would it be possible to be there every day?

Thanks in advance.

Cindra

:confused: Bassethound

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to answer our questions. I am still so perplexed about all the info out there on the sanctuary!

Directly from princesses web site press release from 5/22/06

"There is no charge to use The Sanctuary, though capacity is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. The Sanctuary is located on Crown Princess' deck 17, adjacent to the Lotus Spa and the spa's swim-against-the-current lap pool."

Yet we now know that it's $3 per day.

Just for giggles i called princess and got the following answer "$ per person for the cruise or $109 per couple first come 1st served"

Bassethound, I wonder if anyone on board can explains these discrepency's. Sounds to me princess needs to make a decision! :confused:

Any thoughts??

Some asnswers

Sanctuary The way we heard it today is there is officially a $3 cover charge, but they are waiving it for at least this maiden voyage. They are letting in many more people than there are chairs, but that is OK since it is part of the Lotus spa and the spa pool has alot of area (think of the Grand Class spa pool). no reservations in the sanctuary. You can just come and go and bring in what yoiu want (except no smoking, it is the spa, after all).

DW was there from 8:15 am to 4:30 pm today and had no issue (except sunburn!!)

Chairs are extremely comfortable, furniture is high class, everything is extremely clean and kept that way constantly, nice little touches like a cold near-frozen towel delivered to your chair about every 1/2 hour.

Menus There are many new items, fewer choices on any given night, new every night items (tournedos, ) and the style and print is different (I don't need classes to read these).

Food is better than any of my previous Princess cruises.

haven't had the CC party yet.

The staff needs some time to work as a team. They can almost overcome the handicaps, and it is much better on Day 3 than it was on Day 1. Some kitchen issues that caused very sporadic food deliveries to the tables the first 2 days were resolved tonight. The waiters were much happier.

I-Cafehas a fair selection of savory and sweet snacks. The selection is better each day, I think they had a slow start.

What teh heck is a coffee card?? The soda card is $27.65 and well worth it: coke, dc, sptire, tonic, soda, ginger ale, ?

Speakign of coffee, even the Horizon Court coffee is vastly improved, according to my somewhat discerning tastes. Yes, I do prefer Caribou to Starbucks. Also, the I Caffe has speciality coffees 24 hours/day at reasonable prices: $1.5 for espresso, $1 for cappucino, etc.

Heiniken: yes.

Bon Voyage = tropical fruit punch!

Also, coffee/tea/juice carts around the Horizon and Caribe food courts during breakfast. Huge Improvement!!!! We were the only ones at ethe Caribe breakfast buffet at 8:40 this morning. What a change!!

Got to go, comedian time!!

Bassethound, thanks for the live report!

I saw some pictures earlier of the furniture on a balcony. It's been mentioned that its now aluminum furniture and by the looks of it there are no cushions, the chairs don't recline and they look terribly uncomfortable.

Could you verify what the balcony furniture is like first hand?

Do you know anyone who is staying in a full suite? I'd love to see some pics since we will be on the Crown in a Vista Suite in August.

Hi Thank you for all the great information!! I was just wondering who the cruise director is and what the age limit is for the sanctuary. I will be with 17 year old son. Will he be allowed in Sanctuary area?

bassethound,

thanks so much for all the information -

we are on the next sailing

perhaps you can help me with this:

[On behalf of our Cruise Critic group] I was trying to email the CD, James Lay, addressing it using the standard form for Princess ships [crownprincess@princess.com] [and putting the CD's name in the 'subject'-

BUT, the mail has not been going through ----- 'unknown server' ----

have they given you any information about how one can email the ship?

thanks for whatever information you can give me [or even if there is a way to contact the CD directly]

phyllis

Just found out from some of the CCrs here that there is another thread ont eh main Princess Threads. So, I'll move over there now, Aftger a couple of things

No pool with a comver any longer, the Calypso is where the MUTS is.

No idea how to contact James.

The new balcony gfurniture is actualy very comfortable. Andm, the larger balconys still have the two recliners.

Cappucino is readily availabvle in 2-3 places. 24 hours at the Cafe on Deck 5 Piazza.

Thanks everyone for the information - it's great you'd take time from your vacation to let us know about all this information we've been drooling for.

My question is about the room service booze. Did they go to the 375 mil drink kits they've (Princess) has been threatening to or can you order liters like old times from room service? (not speaking about the duty free which is supposed to be consumed after you get off) Yes, I seem obsessed with this, but I like to kick back with a cocktail on my balcony and don't want to have to order it drink, by drink (if you know what I mean).

Marlin

Archived