***LIVE From The CROWN Princess!!!***

Bassethound

OK guys we want a blow by blow discription of what is going on. Maybe someone can take there laptop to dinner and setup a webcam at the table. We can call it Dinner CAM. Then we an help eveyone make there decision as to what to order.

Split group on which board (but not both).

I like the webcam idea. We could set it up with MUTS and pirate the movies directly to you. About the same quality as the Malaysian pirated copies.:(

Plannign on several of us posting roughly daily, plenty of information. One group member is checking on how to attach out cameras directly to the ships PCs, so we can upload directly.:)

I tried to upload picture on a number of other princess ships and they will not permit you to have any access to the PC USB ports. They are afraid of you infecting there computer. They will not even let you peut a disk in the PC. Your only way is to use your own LAptop and connect wirelessly. You can also do all your uploading in each port. Therre are loads of internet cafe in each port.

Larry

Great. I have the USB cable from camera to notebook port. So, we can handle anyone with a Canon and whichever make your camera is. And, if he has a flash memory reader, we are all set. My Canon is Compactflash, so I can transfer anything that is on a compactflash.:)

Oh, yeah. Car arrives in 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ship is awesome. A substantial upgrade in class from the Grand Class ships and the Sapphire (never been on CB). Both in the details (wood, marble, and tile finishings everyhwere) but alos in the refinements of the layout.:)

Two "adults only" outside areas:

The Sanctuary with the most comfortable outdoor ounges I have ever been on (better than the couches at home!!) and very personal service ($3/day cover, but free on day of sailing).

The Terrace Pool at the stern, with no special service, furniture, but also freee and freeee of kids, including 2 large hot tubs and tghe Terrace bar, and access directly tot he buffet. Did I mention all with no kids?!?!?:rolleyes:

Much more later.

Another first impression: Princess seems to have missed some minor

organizational

(no one

knew where the feather pillows were:eek: ; they didn't have

any of the soft drink stickers so they make some; stuff like that).

The Crown Grille menu is fantistic. They do charge additional $9 for the lobster, but it is a whole grilled 2 1/2 pound lobster. The rest is all included. We will be eating there next Wednesday (Italian night, yuk!!!!)

Much more to come

Bassethound

thanks SO much for taking the time to post on your vacation...there are MANY waiting anxiously for any info you may have...but most of all have a wonderful time...take lots of pics and stay in touch!

jane

Bassethound...Thank you for the info so far. I'm going to copy and past your post on the Princess board, since there are many over there dying to hear from the Crown pax.

The ship is awesome. A substantial upgrade in class from the Grand Class ships and the Sapphire (never been on CB). Both in the details (wood, marble, and tile finishings everyhwere) but alos in the refinements of the layout.:)

Two "adults only" outside areas:

The Sanctuary with the most comfortable outdoor ounges I have ever been on (better than the couches at home!!) and very personal service ($3/day cover, but free on day of sailing).

The Terrace Pool at the stern, with no special service, furniture, but also freee and freeee of kids, including 2 large hot tubs and tghe Terrace bar, and access directly tot he buffet. Did I mention all with no kids?!?!?:rolleyes:

Much more later.

Another first impression: Princess seems to have missed some minor

organizational

(no one

knew where the feather pillows were:eek: ; they didn't have

any of the soft drink stickers so they make some; stuff like that).

The Crown Grille menu is fantistic. They do charge additional $9 for the lobster, but it is a whole grilled 2 1/2 pound lobster. The rest is all included. We will be eating there next Wednesday (Italian night, yuk!!!!)

Much more to come

Bassethound

Thanks for the great info, I along with many others look forward to all of your posts.

One question, what nights are the formal nights scheduled for? I'll be doing the western route in October, and while I know things are always subject to change, it would be great to have a general idea.

Thanks, and be sure to spend time relaxing and enjoying your cruise!

So very interesting...after all the postings the sanctuary does have a cover charge?!?! Does the cover charge include anything?? (gratuity, special food etc.) This area really has raised a lot of speculation especially considering that on the princess news board they said there would be "no charge." My husband and our parents will be on the july 2nd sailing. I'm very interested in the International Cafe. Any info on what items are complementry and which have a fee??? Hope you're having a geat trip!

So very interesting...after all the postings the sanctuary does have a cover charge?!?! Does the cover charge include anything?? (gratuity, special food etc.) This area really has raised a lot of speculation especially considering that on the princess news board they said there would be "no charge." My husband and our parents will be on the july 2nd sailing. I'm very interested in the International Cafe. Any info on what items are complementry and which have a fee??? Hope you're having a geat trip!
I hope that Bassethound will come back and comment, but earlier information is that this is a gratuity for the Serenity Stewards.

Well, quite an eventful day.

Tonight is one formal night, first night. The second is the night of Port Canaveral. Only 2. No tsure how this fits into the other itin...

We had our M&G this morning, Princess was really accomodating. Around 70 of us. Captain Andy came, along with the first officer and the Cruise Director. It was awesome. Even Capn Andy had a gold crown on:D As for pics, two of us have the cameras. I dont have the access to a posting site or know-how to download directly. They promised to start Friday.

Rain most of the afternoon, blame Alberto. Thge main pools had to close due to the rolling and rain really makes MUTS pretty useless, but the kids I talked to didn't seem to mind, the kids program must be great!!

Yes, there are individual milk cartons (to whomever asked that)

The extra buffet line in the back is the way to go, much more organized than the two "normal" Princess side lines. Fresher prepared hot foods, also, much lcoser to the preparation point. A great special seafood buffet tonight, I guess to accomodate those who do not like formal nights.

BTW, Maitree, the afternoon bartender at the Nepture pool bar, is fantastic, really plays up to kids also. He's a can't miss!!;)

The piazza concept for the atrium works very well. Much mnore freedom to wander and the small food shops are busier than I expected.

Don't miss the opening show Destination: Everywhere. One of the most interesting I have seen on a ship (I usually find them boring, this one got my standing ovation.):)

The duvees on the balcony cabin queen arrangement seems a little small. If either of the couple are restless at all, one will be short on their share of covers. However, you can ask for a top sheet in addition to the duvet. Seems perfect, expecialy due to....

.... the air conditioning actually works about as well as a home window unit, far exceeding the other Princess ships. It can get cold at nights if not adjusted right.

Other questions????????

Sorry, missed the Sanctuary question.

$3 to choose a seat (nothing to walk around). Also, they have a full drink and (looks good, didn't try) food menu of sandwiches, etc. $3 per delivery charge for everything but the drinks, those are just the normal 15%. Key there is if you want several things, ask at one time and you only pay one $3 delivery charge. The lounges and chairs are so comfortable, it was hard to not fall asleep and they have their own very high grade towels. We think ti is worth it.

Note: this includes the spa pool and hot tubs. All no kids.

Archived