Books to read with a cruise theme?

gambler

Dead Man Docking by Mary Daheim

Set Sail for Murder: A Henrie O. Mystery by Carolyn Hart

Mai Tai to Murder by Candy Calvert

Killer Cruise by Laura Levine

Mystery Cruise Murders by Bob Moats

Murder Caribbean-Style by Diane Rapp (first in a series)

Killer Cruise by Jennifer Shaw

Second Sitting by Stella Whitelaw (first in a series)

Death of an Obnoxious Tourist by Maria Hudgins (first in a series)

Some of these I have read, others are on my "to be read" list. You can get more by putting in "cruise mystery" on Amazon. Also fantasticfiction.co.uk is a terrific resource to find all of an author's works, in chronological order; especially helpful for finding the first in a series, etc.

There is a beautifully written book by Michael Ondaatje called the Cat's Table, about the travels of eleven year-old Michael traveling from Colombo, Sri Lanka to England via the Suez Canal and the Mediterranean.

The Cat's Table is where a selection of quirky and interesting travelers dine in each evening aboard ship. I could not put this book down, it is richly detailed, full of vivid descriptions and a collection of very memorable characters. I really adored this book perhaps you will too.

Jonathan

Guest maddycat
I noticed that on your post there was a clock for a cruise that is over a year away. I did'nt realize that you could make a cruise reservation that far in advance?

What line is that with. Thanks a lot.

mskatee

We have a reservation for the Explorer of the Seas for Oct. 2014 and another for the Quantum of the Seas for April 2015. Both are Royal Caribbean cruises.

Also fantasticfiction.co.uk is a terrific resource to find all of an author's works, in chronological order; especially helpful for finding the first in a series, etc.

This is the best site. I like to read series in order and it gives blurbs about each book. I have not found anything better.

On your list, I have read Dead Man Docking, Set Sail for Murder, Killer Cruise (Levine), and Death of an Obnoxious Tourist (all of which I would recommend).

Archived