Downloading Pictures from Memory Cards

Arteest

To the best of my knowledge, I don't believe so. However, it has been over 7 months since my last SS cruise, so I may be in error. Not sure how intensive/large are your data demands from your camera.

I do have a thought - brought on by the Sunday newspaper ads. First, go to Office Depot this week. They have a sale on USB readers for memory cards (XD included) at $10. Then, CompUSA has a 3 pack of PNY 1Gb flash drives for $99.

Now, you can use the USB ports on the SS computers to allow you to take your photos off the XD card and transfer them to the flash drives. Both will appear as separate external drives when in Windows explorer and you can just move/copy between them.

Perhaps not as cost effective as burning CD's, but you can then have 3 Gb of photos on the flash storage, take them home and burn onto your CD's there.

Does SS have the capabilities to download pictures from picture cards (specifically XD format) and burn CD's? Any suggestions?

No, not at least for general public usage. You may want to ask the ship's photographer though. S/he may be able to help you but the computer center doesn't have the ability to do what you're asking.

Depending on your photographic interest and volume you can get an "Epson P-2000" storage device which will allow storage and viewing of pictures. It's maybe 4in x 6in x 2in and very easy to use and carry around.

Epson P-2000

I just looked at the Epson site and they now have a P-4000!

Epson P-4000

Archived