RCL Cruisetour #15 - Anyone back?

Tyrkitty

Would love to hear from the 1st people coming back after doing RCL Cruisetour#15. We have it booked next May 19. I've been hearing they keep you pretty busy on the land portion - we're not planning additional excursions prior to boarding the ship - What did you think?

From the RCL site. We kept coming back to this one as having most of what we wanted to do. I only wish we had an extra day in Seward - sounds like a great place to explore - Oh well from what everyone says your first trip to Alaska ends up not being your last.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/itineraryPopUp.do;jsessionid=0000HwUOmdkEEayY2tEygBM_Eoy:10ktmf25f?packageCode=RD13B715&sailDate=1070525

HeyTyrkitty,

Are you booked on the Radiance? We're booked for cruisetour #14, cabins #1104 & 1604. Looks like we'll leave the ship for our land tour the day you get on! Wouldn't it be weird if we had the same rooms?!!

We'll try to save you some food! Ha.:D

Thanks for the offer to save us food. ;) We board the ship May 25 after all our land activities. We're in 9256 - close but not the same room. #14 and #15 are very similar and sound great.

This looks like a southbound sailing. Just be aware that the Park Road into Denali Park, if you get the Tundra Wilderness tour, most likely will not get all the way in. End of May is superior for distance into Denali, if of interest. But still purchase the Tundra Wilderness tour, since this is still grossly superior to the Natural History.

Thanks Budget Queen - Our tour includes the Tundra Wilderness Tour and we will be there May 21st. I have been seeing on the boards that sometimes the roads are not quite cleared by then. I guess we will just have to hope for the best. I am anxious to hear how the first group on #15 did this season. It sounds like weather has been great so far. In some ways I wish we had taken your advice and ventured out on our own. I always feel bad for my DH (the driver) in these situations since he doesn't get to enjoy the scenery as well as his passenger. From reading the boards it looks like this will not be our last trip to Alaska. I definitely want to return maybe just for some land travel and more time in Seward.

Several of our CC group are taking #15 as we speak. Look for posts from Tinkerme1 on the Radiance 6/17 sailing. Just check the last couple of pages and I am sure she will post after we return from the cruise on 6/24.

She's had nothing but raves so far.

I will let her know that there is interest in the tour and I am sure she will have some incredible pictures to go along with her usually thorough reviews.

Thanks Budget Queen - Our tour includes the Tundra Wilderness Tour and we will be there May 21st. I have been seeing on the boards that sometimes the roads are not quite cleared by then. I guess we will just have to hope for the best. I am anxious to hear how the first group on #15 did this season. It sounds like weather has been great so far. In some ways I wish we had taken your advice and ventured out on our own. I always feel bad for my DH (the driver) in these situations since he doesn't get to enjoy the scenery as well as his passenger. From reading the boards it looks like this will not be our last trip to Alaska. I definitely want to return maybe just for some land travel and more time in Seward.

I've driven a great many roads in Alaska, and it is nothing like lower 48 65mph freeways. I get all the views too, can't help it, it all unfolds before you. :) Plenty of pull offs and with mostly 2 lane roads, extreme pleasure in driving Alaska.

Archived