Anything you didnt like about Freedom?

The ship was NOT crowded. I was surprised at how UNcrowded it was.

Tracy

I had read somewhere (maybe on these boards as I can't remember) that initially they would be booking Freedom at the same number of passengers as the Voyager class and then gradually increasing the number to Freedom's capacity. Do you know if they are in fact doing that? If it is true that could be why the ship seemed so uncrowed. Although, I have to say that was how I felt about Explorer when I was aboard her.

As we all know...nothing is perfect. We come back raving about the ship, so someone posts a very specific thread to seek out what we may have NOT liked.

Hi Tracy,

Right on! Last time I looked, the name of this board was Cruise CRITIC not Cruise Toadies or Cruise Sycophants. I'm going to be honest about every cruise I take and not try to gloss over the not-so-smooth things I noticed. If someone asks, I'll tell them what I thought warts and all. And from what I can tell, none of us felt any of the nits from the FOTS cruise were show stoppers.

Hmmmm, I just thought of a headline for Variety Magazine........"Zots has the hots for the FOTS!"

What's not to like? I guess I'm just a laid back kinda guy. Had a blast.

Skiiergirl, I found out the Head Waiters name. "WALDO" It did seem that we played "Where's Waldo" every night at dinner.

LOL! Cruiseguy....great to see you on here! Hugs to you and the Mrs.! Tracy (zotzer) (t-shirt lady) has posted a pix of him since I didn't even know what he looked like.

Take care and stay in touch!

Tracy - Good for you for signing up to go again!

Well Patrick, I still need to figure out whether she is too big or not! :D I am really excited. Right now, I'm booked solo, although my parents were already planning on going with a huge group of friends. After looking at my pictures tonight, my brother and SIL have pretty much decided that they are going also, with their two kids. Looks like the fever is contagious!! LOL

Tracy

I had read somewhere (maybe on these boards as I can't remember) that initially they would be booking Freedom at the same number of passengers as the Voyager class and then gradually increasing the number to Freedom's capacity. Do you know if they are in fact doing that? If it is true that could be why the ship seemed so uncrowed.

Yes, this was true indeed, and I am sure it played a part in the non-crowded feeling. Worked for me! :)

T

Just left the second seven day sailing of Freedom this morning and all I can say is Spectacular with a capital "S". I'm not a "cruise sycophant" either. If I don't like something I speak up and not always with delicacy either, but this ship was everything I expected and more.

This thread is about what we didn't like so I would say the one and only dislike was the damnable revolving door situation. And, cruise friends, I have to warn you, when it is raining or the floor at H2O Zone pool side is wet, when you pass through those doors as best as you can, beware the very slippery tile floor just after the doors. I saw one girl fall on her fanny and my husband had a bad slip, but didn't fall. That tile is very slippery when wet. So be careful.

Part two of the revolving doors is that when there is a crowd, it does create a big backup at the doors, a needless imprediment to traffic to and from the H2O Zone.

Part three is that when it is raining water leaks in under the revolving doors and travels to the tile, making it slippery as heck, but there is no way to stop water form entering as it did on the excessively rainy day we had in Tropical Storm Alberto's lenghty tail end. RCI has even installed grooved tiles beside the door, but people track wet shoes all the way past to the slick tiles and it can be treacherous. This was bad planning and when RCI builds Liberty they need to make some serious improvements at this bottleneck.

The rest of the seven day Freedom cruise experience defies my ability to find sufficiently glowing adjectives to describe. The only crowds were in the elevators at certain times of the day. That Flow Rider was so much fun to watch. If only I were young again, I'd be in that crazy wave so fast.

I'd go again in a heart beat if I could scrape together the bucks.

Well Patrick, I still need to figure out whether she is too big or not! :D I am really excited. Right now, I'm booked solo, although my parents were already planning on going with a huge group of friends. After looking at my pictures tonight, my brother and SIL have pretty much decided that they are going also, with their two kids. Looks like the fever is contagious!! LOL

Tracy

Well they will all be very lucky to have you as cruise director!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add......... was just on Freedom June 25th and I am hard pressed to find anything I did not like. Maybe a few little things here and there that could improve but IT WAS ALL GOOD TO ME!

.....John

• 1 month later...
. I am sure by Oct we should have a great time, maybe they will even get the door issue fixed!

Its probably long enough to wonder if that is true. I'm sure by my cruise it will be :cool:

Archived