Thomas Cook Airline

I was surprised to learn that Thomas Cook flew to Canada as I thought they only dealt with short haul charter flights.

I would imagine that the flight/aircraft will not have much in the way of extras but if the price is right and you are not too bothered about that it will be fine.

Nick.

• 4 weeks later...
Just booked seats with Thomas Cook for July /07 to Gatwick. How is this airline, for seats and food. I know that they are a British Airline.

Would very much appreciate your review of Thomas Cook upon your return. Thanks.

Wow!

A seat with 35" pitch is really good for that price (on the 757--it doesn't specify for the Airbus). As they say, though, the plane will be full, so it's worth it to pay to select your seat.

Have a great trip.

Sorry I did not catch this post until now.

We flew with Thos Cook in Sept 04 from Glasgow to Toronto and back again. We also booked through Canadian Affair.

Initially we doubted that the flight would be fine, but the extremely generous seat pitch was awfully tempting, as was the price. They run regular offers and it was an offer price we booked.

Everything went really really well. Being of the taller variety, we luxuriated in the generous seat pitch, such a difference compared to being scrunched up in a "normal" economy seat. There was even a bottle of drinking water on each seat each direction. Flights left on time, arrived in on time. Interiors were spotless, planes like new. One of our best flights ever.

We also took advantage of their special offer hotel price in Toronto, running in conjunction with the flight offers.

I dont think you need worry. If our experience was typical then you should be fine.

Incidentally, Canadian Affair let you book "one way" tickets, and some on our flight from Glasgow to Toronto had flown into a different UK airport, done some sightseeing then flown out of Glasgow for the return. Judging by comments made, the planes they flew into the UK on were not the extra generous seat pitch ones, and they were not so happy with these.

2 years ago they were a bit of a novelty. The captain even mentioned their pride in these new planes in his "welcome aboard" speech. I think that in time, TC were hoping to increase the number of routes with these planes.

We would be very happy indeed to go with them again.

Thanks for the information. I was surprised that they had prices for the summer of 2007. Princess air is $1,179 and with Canadian Affair only $855 (with fuel charge, seat selection total $899), that a good savings.

Archived