many IS..some BAL..few SWEETS

OuiOnboard

We all have a cruise budget. We all love to cruise.

That said,with an "average mass market cruiser's budget", we prefer to cruise about 2-4 times per year in a balcony/CC class of cabin....some friends like to cruise more often in lesser accomodations...we know people who prefer to cruise in suites and do so less often. Of course there are many more stratagems to satisfy one's cruise addiction...just wondering where your tendencies would lie?

............cruise well.....Oui

We did oceanview cabins our first two cruises - then found a balcony we could not pass up. Since then, we can't even consider less so it has cut our possible two cruises a year down to a measly one.

Still - we do spend time in our room and on the balcony so that is very important to us. Lots of cruisers would be happy with an inside just to cruise more often and I can certainly understand that too.

Think you will get lots of different replies here - and all will be right! :D

Get me on board is my rule... this means we'll usually take an inside cabin and use the money we save to cruise more often as well as enjoy ourselves on the cruise. We've stayed in Oceanview and Balcony cabins and while they were definitely nicer than the inside we didn't feel the extra cost was worth it.

This is definitely a personal opinion as some folks I know will only cruise on a balcony cabin. No right or wrong answer as far as I'm concerned.

Insides are not even a consideration for me (claustrophobic!). Ocean view would be fine, but I've grown accustom to having at least a balcony if not CC. I've done a suite once and it was very nice, but would only do it on a great deal (that's how I did it last time). We get to cruise about twice a year in a balcony, so as long as I can do that I'm satisfied. I do make full use of the balcony, from having breakfast out there, to just sitting and watching the sunset.

We all have a cruise budget. We all love to cruise.

That said,with an "average mass market cruiser's budget", we prefer to cruise about 2-4 times per year in a balcony/CC class of cabin....some friends like to cruise more often in lesser accomodations...we know people who prefer to cruise in suites and do so less often. Of course there are many more stratagems to satisfy one's cruise addiction...just wondering where your tendencies would lie?

............cruise well.....Oui

WOW you can afford to cruise 2-4 times in year in a CC cabin? You must be rich.

We can only afford inside cabins and at that only cruise 1-2 times a year.

We have tended to do one cruise, preferrably 14 nights per year. An inside isn't an option for me as Claustrophobia would rear its ugly head, so needs to be either Ocean View or Balcony, depending on the ship and where it's going.

Given a choice and the status of the Stock Market, we'll do a CC Class if we can get the cabin that we want and the price isn't impossible.

If I could get away from work any time I wanted, I'd pick cheaper cruises (inside) more often. However, I'm lucky to get to take a real vacation only once every 2-3 years, so I will now (since having a great FV cabin) be more willing to upgrade.

We usually like to take two cruises a year. However we recently bought a house in Florida so I don;t know if the two will be doable into the future. I usually book an inside cabin, thereafter the price drops and I switch to an outside. I have been on 13 cruises and only twice have been in an inside, so it usually works out great for me. We plan on crusing Alaska for our 25th anniversary, so it will definately be a balcony for that one. :)

I need a window to help me wake up in the morning.But in Alaska we went for the balcony.The scenery was great. Even if you didnt eat on the balcony,having breakfast next to the large doors and looking out at the beutiful scenery was well worth the extra expense.I will look for balconies in the future but I will try to go when balconies are within 300 of oceanveiw.

............................Frank:)

If the recent past is an indication of the future, we will be doing one long cruise per year(minimum 10 days) AND if all the planets align in the 9th house with a rising Aquarius moon, a semi-last minute short cruise......(great price).

Ocean View or balcony is fine.

We try to cruise 2 times a year. Though we both still work, our schedules are very relaxed. We love balconies, though, we had a wonderful time this past April on the Rhapsody of the Seas in an inside cabin (our first). We will probably continue to mix it up a bit in order to get the best deals and the most time, at sea.

After trying many cruise lines, we are at the point where Celebrity and RCI have become our favorites and I doubt that we will be staying far from them in the future. Even at an incredible price, it's going to be hard to get us back to Princess, Carnival or NCL.

We've cruised three times, with three diffeent lines, twice in inside cabins and most recently in an outside. I don't think we would want to go back to an inside. The two were had were rather noisy - our heads seems to be alongside some machinery or something. I can understand the logic of taking inside cabins, but for us it doesn't work.

At the same time, a balcony cabin would not be worth the extra to us, so a standard outside is what we like.

Archived