Miami Port Question

We've only been on one cruise, Mariner out of Port Canaveral.

This winter we'll be sailing Navigator from Miami. My question is, I'm going to book a rental car post-cruise through Thrifty, and they pick you up with a shuttle at the port and take you to their airport site to get your car. When making the reservation for the car you specify a time to get their shuttle at the port. I'm thinking 10:00AM. Not ever having seen the port or it's luggage facilities or layout, and only having disembarked from a ship once, does 10:00 sound about right? I'm thinking if it's more likely we'll be off and have our luggage say by 9:00, we'd hate to stand around for an hour waiting for the shuttle. Maybe Thrifty just runs continous shuttles all morning?

It's a crap shoot as to what time you will get off the ship since no one can get off until the ship is cleared by Customs. I have been on cruises where people started to disembark at 7:00AM and I have been on cruises where no one got off before 9:30AM. In any case, you should be sure to have the local phone number with you for the Thrifty office so you can call them to check the status of the shuttle whenever you actually disembark.

Archived