Is this formal enough

mumom95

I double clicked on the photo and that took me to the site where you will be purchasing it. The photo makes it look fairly plain, but you're right, it is more fancy than the small photo shows.

My opinion is that, while not as formal as others, you will not feel out of place. While I normally wouldn't wear a necklace with a dress that has beading and sequins on the top, you might wear a small diamond or crystal stone, plus earrings and a bracelet.

I'm with you on comfort, I could not stand to wear anything that was binding all evening.

it is more fancy than the small photo shows.

My opinion is that, while not as formal as others, you will not feel out of place.

I agree. It is not a formal dress and you may feel a little underdressed compared to some fellow passengers but you won't feel out of place in any way and you won't ruin the vacation of others.... since so many people seem to take offense of how other people are dressed.

I am going on an Alaskan cruise this summer on the Coral princess (my first cruise) and was wondering if this dress is formal enough. I have a more formal dress, but it is strapless, would have to wear a strapless bra, it is much tighter around the waist, and in general not very comfortable. So if I wear it, I'll probably just go to dinner and then back to my room because I won't want to spend the rest of the evening in it. But this one is more comfortable and I could go all night in it. I would dress it up with accessories. It is sequinced around the bust and shoulders.

2104_65071_mm.jpg?wid=125&hei=180&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

It isn't a formal dress but you will not feel uncomfortable wearing this dress.

If I were you, I'd go for some really fantastic shoes. Also maybe a really pretty (sparkly, maybe?) bracelet and earrings. Wear your hair in an updo to make the earrings stand out. Just a couple of ideas. I also agree with everyone else. You won't be as formal as some, but you'll look better than others. Don't sweat it!

I like it and I understand the thing with strapless bras-I have a 2 hour limit on them-and I like to stay dressed up for the show and not just for dinner.

On my HAL Alaska cruise 5 years ago-I saw the nicest I have ever seen people dressed on a cruise- and I believe it was because of the age group-75% or the PAX were over 65. I did not see ONE pair of blue jeans even during the daytime-if you can believe that.

I saw plenty of the LBD's on that cruise. Princess is not quite as stuffy as HAL so I believe you will be fine and look very nice.

Archived