Is this formal enough

mumom95

As much as I hate to admit this, I want to make sure people know the picture isn't me, it's from the Chadwicks website. Some of the responses make it seem like they may think I'm actually the person in the picture, and as much as I wish I was a size 6 with long flowing blond hair I'm not :) But thanks again for all of the encouraging responses, it is getting me more and more excited for my cruise. I had been so nervous about what to wear that I was actually making myself sick, but not anymore. Now I'm nothing but excited!! And looking forward to formal night (I was so worried about being uncomfortable the whole time, I wasn't looking forward to it at all, infact I had almost decided to skip it, but thought I would see what people thought about this dress first) Glad I did. Anyway, here is a toast to all the nice people that must cruise on Princess and to the excitement of a first cruise, I hope I get this excited for all my future cruises!! Cheers!!

On our first cruise, the DH said no to formal night. He brought a sport jacket and dress pants for the other nights and I brought a "little black dress", but we did buffet on format night. I was surprised how many other "little black dresses" I saw. Since then, the DH has a tux. But I have stuck to the "little black dress". I dress it up with different jewelry or scarves. It packs well too. And I feel very comfortable wearing it on formal night. Have a great cruise!

"Well, it isn't a formal dress, but considering how bad some people dress you'll be ok". ,

It's not formal wear, but Princess' dress code for formal evenings includes many things that are not...including cocktail dresses. It's completely acceptable and it's a lovely dress.

Add me to the list of people who may buy one! I bookmarked it too. You should get a commission from Chadwicks!

I see less and less long formal dresses. This length is great and you can bring one dress for 2 formal nights and then change it with accessories!

Archived