Is this formal enough

mumom95

I am going on an Alaskan cruise this summer on the Coral princess (my first cruise) and was wondering if this dress is formal enough. I would dress it up with accessories. It is sequinced around the bust and shoulders. You can click on the picture and it will take you to a site where you can zoom in on it. Plus, the price is right. I have a more formal/long dress, but it is strapless, would have to wear a strapless bra, it is much tighter around the waist, and in general not very comfortable. So if I wear it, I'll probably just go to dinner and then back to my room because I won't want to spend the rest of the evening in it. But this one is more comfortable and I could go all night in it. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2104_65071_mm.jpg?wid=125&hei=180&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

From my perspective (being of the male gender) I think it looks fine, and should fit in with what many will be wearing.

Many do change after dinner; my wife and I don't change after dinner, but I have been known to loosen my collar and tie!

That's similar to the silk dresses I wear on formal night. I switched to them from long formals because they take up very little space in the luggage, do no wrinkle, and I have less chance of tripping.

Thanks for all the encouraging replies. I have to say I like the Princess board more than the Cruise Fashion board. I posted the same thing on there and I'm getting a lot of "Well, it isn't a formal dress, but considering how bad some people dress you'll be ok". It is nice to get the encouraging comments from this board. So anyway, thanks again, I'm going to order the dress right now. And I'm not going to frett over the fact that it isn't technically a formal dress, I feel like I'll look good and I'll be comfortable at the same time, which will make the evening so much more enjoyable.

The dress is lovely... and with such a great attitude, the wearer will carry it with classy, simply stated elegance. You will no doubt enjoy your cruise to the max! :)

P.S. I'm bookmarking the link too... thanks!

As much as I hate to admit this, I want to make sure people know the picture isn't me, it's from the Chadwicks website. Some of the responses make it seem like they may think I'm actually the person in the picture, and as much as I wish I was a size 6 with long flowing blond hair I'm not :) But thanks again for all of the encouraging responses, it is getting me more and more excited for my cruise. I had been so nervous about what to wear that I was actually making myself sick, but not anymore. Now I'm nothing but excited!! And looking forward to formal night (I was so worried about being uncomfortable the whole time, I wasn't looking forward to it at all, infact I had almost decided to skip it, but thought I would see what people thought about this dress first) Glad I did. Anyway, here is a toast to all the nice people that must cruise on Princess and to the excitement of a first cruise, I hope I get this excited for all my future cruises!! Cheers!!

Archived