Parking in Fort Lauderdale

mojitomaniac

Does anyone know about the parking situation in Ft Lauderdale at the pier? We will be on the Westerdam and are leaving our car at the pier. How close can you park to the boarding area? Are there shuttles? Any information will help. Thanks!

We park there all the time. There is a large parking garage across the street from the terminal. There are many terminals there in kind of a horseshoe arrangement. Generally HAL is the first terminal on the right and you can drop off your luggage and cross the street to get to the parking garage. It just depends which dock your ship is assigned to. Or you can go all the way around the horseshoe and get to the garage at the end. It's pretty self explanatory when you pull in. You can ask the many police that are around the area.

You may want to check into picking up a rental car with either Thrifty or Budget in your home area and dropping it at the port offices of either of these rental agencies. We did that last year - it came out about the same cost (a little less depends on the length of your cruise) and you put the miles on their car's.

Costco and Sam's club's both have discount rates as well as several other organization's for car rental's.

Just a thought . . .

Hugger, that is a great idea. we will be driving over in december for atrip on the Zeuderdam. in the past we have stayed pre cruise at a hotel that has free parking and a shuttle to the pier. The place we used to stay at is now under new management and from what I have read a dump. This year we booked the sleep in on 5th ave which I have read positive reviews on.

ps it looks like 12$/day to park

In Feb. and again in April this year, we used Airport Park-N-Go to leave our car. The web site is AirportParkNGo.com. We paid about $45 for the week. They are less than 2 miles from the piers for all ships in Ft. Lauderdale. We pre-paid for a better rate. We dropped the car, they loaded our luggage and took us to the pier. When we returned, we called the number they provided and they were at the pier in about 10 - 15 minutes. It all worked very well. It was way less expensive than the $12 you pay at the pier. Hope this helps.

Hugger, that is a great idea. we will be driving over in december for atrip on the Zeuderdam. in the past we have stayed pre cruise at a hotel that has free parking and a shuttle to the pier. The place we used to stay at is now under new management and from what I have read a dump. This year we booked the sleep in on 5th ave which I have read positive reviews on.

ps it looks like 12$/day to park

I'm not sure where you are driving from. What we did was book a one way rental from the Budget location in Clearwater to FLL. We booked 3 room's at the Marriott Renaissance via Priceline for 58.00 (63.00 incl. tax) a room and that was for April 3rd the height of spring break. The Budget location to return and pick up a car on your return to home is right next door in the strip mall to the hotel. We opted to return the car the same day we drove in and take a taxi the next morning to the ship. just gave us a few less things to stress about on cruise day :) Plus, didn't have to pay to park at the hotel that night. You could always take your luggage over to their location the next morning have hop their shuttle to the pier probably. However, we were getting in to cruise mode and wanted thing's easy. Taxi is just a 5-8 bucks depending on passenger's and luggage to the ship from the hotel.

Did it in reverse upon return home.

Are you also aware of the motorcoach transporation that Cruise Connection operates within FL in conjuction with the cruise lines? If HAL is part of this program it's much cheaper to book it through HAL or your T.A. We've used this service several times as well. It's normally 45.00 roundtrip per person via the cruiseline. We like to go in a day ahead now though :)

Lindanick...could you tell me please how you contact park and fly for this kind of service? We are sailing on Cunard but I assume all the parking is similar for Lauderdale. Thank you, Penny

Penny - I replied to your question over on our Roll Call thread.

Thanks again for the tips everyone, we live in Lutz. We like to drive over the day before. I think I'll look into the local rental and/or park & Fly. We have 5 in our group so luggage space is an issue.

Thanks again for the tips everyone, we live in Lutz. We like to drive over the day before. I think I'll look into the local rental and/or park & Fly. We have 5 in our group so luggage space is an issue.

Park 'N Fly uses large vans for shuttles. We had 10 people on our shuttle plus everyone's luggage, and still had room for more people and more luggage. If there are 5 in your group, it won't be a problem at all if you decide to park at Park 'N Fly.

Archived