Question about the tram in Juneau

misha1

I would like to do this tram that I am reading about. Does anyone know the cost, the length of time needed, is there anything at the top...shopping, dining, etc. Are the lines long as the day progresses?

I'm interested in going on that too, so I Googled "Juneau tram" and found this site:

http://www.goldbelttours.com/travel/day_trips/juneau/tram.html

It doesn't answer your question about lines, but it does answer the others.

---------------------------------------

Once at the top, enjoy the amenities of our multi-million dollar mountain complex. The Mountain House (Shaa Hit) is nestled among towering Sitka Spruce trees on the edge of the grasses and wildflowers of the sub-alpine. The complex houses the Chilkat Theater, Raven Eagle Gifts, the Timberline Bar & Grill (with optional outside dining) and offers access to The Nature Center, an eagle exhibit and the extensive Mount Roberts improved trail system. Visitors are introduced to the Tlingit culture through the award winning film Seeing Daylight, shown every half hour in the Chilkat Theater. There are also frequent theater performances by a local Tlingit actor sharing the story of his clan's origin. Native artists are often featured in the complex working on wood, fossilized ivory or silver carvings, making dolls, sewing garments, beading or creating large totem poles out of cedar logs.

Ticket Prices*

Adult: $23.95

Child 6-12: $12.50

Child 5 & Under: FREE

*Prices include local tax.

Tickets allow all day unlimited rides and include viewing of Seeing Daylight and the Juneau Raptor Center's live Bald Eagle exhibit. Allow a minimum of one hour for a complete tramway experience.

The tram is nice, but not a must do. If the weather is misty, I would skip it. There are nice little trails at the top if you wish to hike. There is a small nature center and a much larger gift shop ( of course)

Whale watching with Captain Larry or one of the smaller operators is a great choice in Juneau. If the weather is misty, you will see lots of whales so do not let that stop you. Have fun. I want to go back!!!

I agree. If the weather is not too clear I wouldn't do it either. We had a great day with wonderful views. The cost was 23.95 per person for an all day pass. We went up twice. Once in the morning and once at night. The view was different both times. It was well worth it.

I would skip the educational movie though. Waste of 20/25 minutes to me.

Thanks, I also googled it (don't you love Google?). It looks really fun and great picture opportunities. Thanks for the advice on the weather. We are booked with Capt. Larry for whale watching and are looking forward to it very much.

Archived