Best Balcony rooms on Jewel of the Seas?

We're booking a cruise on her and I'd love some input on what balconies to go for! :)

thanks all!

If by "best" you mean larger than normal, I would say the aft cabins or certain hump cabins, especially 9092 & 9078. Also the E1 cabins forward of the hump on deck 7 are also oversized balconies.

If you don't mind walking, the aft is the place to be! We were on the Jewel last December and I spent more time on my aft balcony than anywhere else. We had room 9258, but the corner afts are a little bigger. You'll love the Jewel, no matter what room you get. Beautiful ship!

Tanker

We've never had 9258, but love 1104/1604. Deck 10, aft, dead center. We've had 1104 on both Radiance and Serenade, have it booked again for this coming January, with my sister and her husband next door in 1604 :D

Jodi

We were on the Jewel in March, cabin 8586 , nice room larger than average balcony, our friends on the other hand we across the hall on 8088, same room huge balcony, try and get 8088 if you can, you'll be glad you did. Mid ship, beginning of the hump close to the elevators, but no noise at all. No matter what you'll love the Jewel, she's a real gem. Did I actually say that?:rolleyes:

I second 1604 Aft! We loved the balcony and the cabin was plenty large for us. If you want a JS then go for 1100. Our friends had that one. It was a beautiful corner balcony that wrapped around for a great view.

You can see pictures of 1604 balcony on the link in my signature. Just go to our "jewel of the Seas" album.:D

Sunny AZ girl

Great pictures.

We are going on Jewel in 2007 I think the same itinerary you went on. I would appreciate any additional info. Formal nights etc... Port info... we will be a large group with children

Thanks

The center "hump" cabins,#8594 and 8596 have great views fore and aft and the balconies are little bit bigger ( a few inches deeper). They are very convenient to everything and although near the elevators, they are very quiet since they are in their own little corrider. #8592 and 8598 would my next best recommendation. Enjoy your cruise!

Sunny AZ girl

Great pictures.

We are going on Jewel in 2007 I think the same itinerary you went on. I would appreciate any additional info. Formal nights etc... Port info... we will be a large group with children

Thanks

You will love the Jewel! She is a beautiful ship. As far as formal nights go, we had 2 - on both sea days. The second formal night is lobster night. The shows were wonderful. There were very few children on our sailing as we were 2 weeks after Easter & before school was out for the summer. Great for those of us without young ones any more, but not the best time for families, I would think. I can't help you out with the kids activities, maybe someone else would know more. The kids who were on the ship did come and sing on the staircase one night at dinner & were very cute.

We were also with a large group as it was a CC group cruise. In the 3 major ports we had group tours - St. Thomas, St. Martin & Antigua. In all 3 ports we had a morning Island Tour followed by beach time or shopping. It was a good mix for our group, but may not be active enough for young kids. I know when my kids were small they would have been bored to tears by a bus tour. Actually, in Antigua several of us went on Eli's Eco Tour instead of the Island Tour and loved it. I think your best bet is to go onto the Ports of Call section of this board for a wealth of information on each port. That way you can figure out what type of activities would be best for your group.

BTW, in St. Martin we were dropped off at Orient Beach at the "family side" of the island our tour guide said. I was prepared for occassional topless women from reading these boards, but was surprised by a significant number of fully nude men walking the beach back and forth. I believe it was more than the usual amount. It really didn't bother me (I work in an ICU & felt like another day at work!), but would have been concerned if I had kids with me. On the other hand I did see kids there & they were doing their own thing and didn't seem to be paying any attention to the nudity. Just be aware so that you can judge what is best for your family.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

We're booking a cruise on her and I'd love some input on what balconies to go for! :)

thanks all!

Deck 7 and 8 amid ships are obscured by the lifeboats below you must go aft or foward to get away from the life boats. It's a beautiful ship have sailed it twice. Lorelle

Lorelle (previous poster)is correct unless you have one of the cabins on the hump. These cabins do NOT have obstructed views (when you look down you see the life boat covers...view is not obstructed looking straight out) and the hump cabins are located mid-ship.

Deck 7 and 8 amid ships are obscured by the lifeboats below you must go aft or foward to get away from the life boats. It's a beautiful ship have sailed it twice. Lorelle

On deck 7 port side staterooms 7014 through 7046 are not affected by the life boat covers. On starboard side it's 7514 through 7546 that are not affected. These cabins also have over sized balconies. You cannot look straight down at the water from the balconies towards the aft.

We recently had cabin 7094 on the Radiance. Excellent oversized balcony, no noise from the elevators. The lifeboat covers didn't bother us. You can however hear the entertaiment from the centrum but they always stopped at midnight. We would take this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Archived