Windows on the Maasdam

We have booked outside cabins on the lower promenade deck "C" and I would like to know if people can see in the windows during the day and also at night.

My travel agent stated that you cannot see in or out; however, I have found several comments and some people say yes and others say no. I would appreciate a response from someone who has recently been on the Maasdam.

Thank you so much.

My first hand experience is no, you can't see in during the day unless you press your face up against the window, and even then you just see vague outlines. Didn't go out on deck at night (Alaska in May and it was cold), but I always pulled the curtains because I thought lights on in the cabin would make a difference. Anytime (day or night) that I was in the cabin and scantily clad or nude, I closed the drapes!

I've heard different reports, so maybe it varies by which particular cabin you've booked. I think the LP deck is very convenient.

Roz

Bonnie: in the daytime, the windows are virtually opaque from the outside; from the inside you can see out, just fine. However, at night, the opaqueness disappears with the sun, so if you have lights on in the cabin with the curtains open, people on the outside can see in. I'm sure you will get lots of help over the Holland America board if you have additional questions about the Maadam. Have a great cruie!

Thank you Roz and Bill for your courteous replies. When we're not docked, I love to leave the drapes open 24/7 as it is just so beautiful and a constant reminder that I am on vacation! Again thank you so much for your prompt replies. :)

Bonnie

Archived