Anyone out there on the "Z" 10/09/04

LandCruiser

My wife and I are trying HAL for the first time this fall on the Zuiderdam (10/09/04 Eastern Carrib.). The only other line we have been on is Carnival. We have loved our voyages on CCL but we are very much looking forward to our week on the "Z".

This is also our first cruise with a balcony...very excited about that as well.

Curious...We are in our early 30's, what are your thoughts on the HAL passenger demographic? Will there be a big difference from Carnival (obvious answer being yes...details please) and will we really notice anything different about the cruise line itself and the passengers we will be sharing the ship with.

Let's hear from all you fellow "Z" passengers headed for the Eastern Carrib. on Oct. 9. (Also our first time to the Eastern Carrib.)

Dave

We will be on the zuiderdam Oct. 9th Eastern Caribbean, we are in our 50-60 but there will others in your age group. Hope to meet you onboard, you will love the virgin Islands they are beautiful...blue/green water. vjb

Land Cruiser...

I will probably be able to help you after our "Z" cruise in August. Unfortunately it might not be a big help as August is still kids vacation and we'll have alot of families aboard.

We are 31 and 32 years olds (in your category ;) ) with 12 years old son.

I've never sailed on Carnival but my assumption is that even on Carnival you'll find an older crowd during non-holiday/vacation sailings.

Tatka I will look for a review in Aug. You and your spouse are very close to the same age as my wife and myself. I am 33 and my wife is 32, we actually have 5 children the oldest is almost 10...needless to say they will not be joining us on the cruise.

Archived