Martha Stewart Crown Princess Godmother?

Kissing Seahorses

First, I would like to say that I don't hate Martha Stewart but I do think that choosing her as Godmother to Princess' new ship is a bit odd being that she is a CONVICTED FELON. I realize she didn't kill anyone or anything, although her actions did cause alot of people to lose alot of money. I mean as a CONVICTED FELON she isn't even allowed into most other countries (Canada being the closest). I know not all Godmothers can be Mother Teresa but what exactly are Princess' standards? Who's next? Courtney Love. Am I alone in this?

Sorry to be abrupt, but this old news has already been discussed ad infinitum on this board. It's a done deal....it is what it is and now it's over.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=349232&highlight=Martha+Stewart

First, I would like to say that I don't hate Martha Stewart but I do think that choosing her as Godmother to Princess' new ship is a bit odd being that she is a CONVICTED FELON. I realize she didn't kill anyone or anything, although her actions did cause alot of people to lose alot of money. I mean as a CONVICTED FELON she isn't even allowed into most other countries (Canada being the closest). I know not all Godmothers can be Mother Teresa but what exactly are Princess' standards? Who's next? Courtney Love. Am I alone in this?

You most certainly not alone in your thinking about this. There was a lengthy thread a few weeks ago as the word got out that she was Princess' choice. Probably 60-70% of posters wondered "What is Princess thinking?" Some posters e-mailed Princess to disagree with their selection, but the response gave the impression of "too bad if you don't like it". They would only extoll her business acumen and her impact on homemaking/decorating in the U.S. They seemed to think she is Wonderwoman.

I do not hate her either, but I would not cross the street to see her. To me she is just another convicted criminal, and definitely not worthy to be godmother of a beautiful new Princess ship. Maybe in 10 years, if she stays out of trouble and demonstrates a concern for others less fortunate than she is, not just her bank and investment accounts, she might be an acceptable consideration for that position.

Too bad Princess didn't ask their cruisers what they thought, before they put her in that position.

You most certainly not alone in your thinking about this. There was a lengthy thread a few weeks ago as the word got out that she was Princess' choice. Probably 60-70% of posters wondered "What is Princess thinking?" Some posters e-mailed Princess to disagree with their selection, but the response gave the impression of "too bad if you don't like it". They would only extoll her business acumen and her impact on homemaking/decorating in the U.S. They seemed to think she is Wonderwoman.

I do not hate her either, but I would not cross the street to see her. To me she is just another convicted criminal, and definitely not worthy to be godmother of a beautiful new Princess ship. Maybe in 10 years, if she "stays out of any sort of trouble" and demonstrates a concern for others less fortunate than she is, not just her bank and investment accounts, she might be an acceptable consideration for that sort position.

Too bad Princess didn't ask their cruisers what they thought, before they put her in that position

I know this is an old subject but Kissing Seahorses looks like they either are a new poster or someone who doesn't visit as often as Largin, Bdjam, Coral and others do! :eek: I personally am on the boards everyday cause I love it!! :D But Kissing Seahorses isn't so they didn't see the old thread.

I have been away from lurking on this board for a time and saw the banner on the Home page and thought this deserved some debate...little did I know...I should have figured that a board as busy as this would have already done so..ad infinitum. Thanks for posting the links though, I had done a quick search and hadn't come up with anything.

Why is Seahorses post of the convicted felon Martha Stewart being a terrible choice as 'godmother' again, any different then the dozens of re-hashed subjects. I'm surprised she was jumped on for the post...or should we speak about jeans at dinner...chair hogs....specialty restaurants....tipping.....etc (any of which a search would suffice) :cool:

then this would just be a FAQ and not an interactive forum.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when a subject is repeated. There is no need to read every single post. If something appears to be duplicated or not of interest then I would expect people to skip over it and not take the time to reprimand the poster for duplication.

Sometimes it appears to be a duplicated subject, but the poster is actually asking for clarifying information that is not covered in the original.

Personally, I don't scroll back that many pages when I'm away for awhile. I was interested in Kissing Seahorse's post.

Just my two cents!

I have been away from lurking on this board for a time and saw the banner on the Home page and thought this deserved some debate...little did I know...I should have figured that a board as busy as this would have already done so..ad infinitum. Thanks for posting the links though, I had done a quick search and hadn't come up with anything.

JMHO but no need to apologize!!!! I agree with Naragonl, Love Boat Dream and Popsec.

Hope to see more of your posts! :D

I agree with all of you, after all, I've only been on one cruise, so I am still asking questions all the time. I have no problem with repeat posts, answers. etc. It's virtually impossible to read everything here.

I suppose I answered the way I did because the Martha Stewart topic means absolutely nothing to me and the ceremony has already taken place, so, imho, there's really nothing further to discuss.

Kissing Seahorses, I apologize for being abrupt. I do respect the fact that you wished to make your opposition to Princess' choice known.

My aim wasn't to elaborate that it's old news, just that it's over and done. The End.

Archived