Seafood on CB?

prarie cruiser

Can anyone tell me when the lobster night is on the CB Western Carib cruise? Is it still on the last formal night?

What is this about a seafood buffet being available a lot up at the Horizon Court area?

Tell me more about dining on the CB that might be anything different than other Princess cruises!!!

Lobster tails are served in the dining room on the last formal night, but there is a split Caribbean lobster in the Caribe Cafe on several nights. The Caribe Cafe is wonderful and different from the Horizon Court with table cloths and cloth napkins for dinner. The food is great and it is one of our favorite places to eat. A prime rib buffet is served on the last night in CC. The seafood buffet is on the first night in the Horizon Court and is very good. I really like the Caribbean Princess and have been on the ship twice.

Lobster tails are served in the dining room on the last formal night, but there is a split Caribbean lobster in the Caribe Cafe on several nights. The Caribe Cafe is wonderful and different from the Horizon Court with table cloths and cloth napkins for dinner. The food is great and it is one of our favorite places to eat. A prime rib buffet is served on the last night in CC. The seafood buffet is on the first night in the Horizon Court and is very good. I really like the Caribbean Princess and have been on the ship twice.

I too really found the food at Cafe Caribe to be quite interesting for those willing to try different things. Very good, and the split grilled lobster was great.

Thank you for answering the OP's question. My follow up question to you (or anyone else) - - is the CC a buffet or do they offer table service? I am interested because we cruise on the CB in 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.

OK, so is this Caribe Cafe like the Horizon Court, or more like the other dining rooms? Do you have to get into your "smart attire" or will shorts and t shirt work, like in the Horizon Court? Have not yet been on a Princess ship that had Caribe Cafe, so trying to learn about it.

Thanks for all your posts!

And do they keep it replenished until fairly late? I ask because I can see my husband wanting to stroll by there and check out the offerings and then deciding if he wants to eat that or go to the dining room. Also, if they start early enough, maybe he would like a seafood appetitizer and then on to the dining room for a later dinner. Thanks.

And do they keep it replenished until fairly late? I ask because I can see my husband wanting to stroll by there and check out the offerings and then deciding if he wants to eat that or go to the dining room. Also, if they start early enough, maybe he would like a seafood appetitizer and then on to the dining room for a later dinner. Thanks.

I like the last idea :eek: (and what do you mean appetizer, go for the whole thing) :D

The Caribe Cafe is a separate area in back of the Horizon Court. Still a buffet, but smaller in scale than the Horizon Court with a more traditional buffet line rather than food stations. For lunch they do different selections than the Horizon Court - with ethenic themes. Dinner lasts late - 10:30 - 11PM - I think, it's hard to remember exactly. After that, they switch to the almost all night menu, which is served until the wee hours - grilled steaks to order and other goodies. At dinner there is an adult beverage cart that goes around the dining area. Since it is the casual venue for dinner, formal attire is not required, but we did see a few people on formal night who were dressed up eating there. Oh - they also serve breakfast, which I really enjoy since you can sit on the open deck and look over the aft pool and the ocean.

The Caribe Cafe is a separate area in back of the Horizon Court. Still a buffet, but smaller in scale than the Horizon Court with a more traditional buffet line rather than food stations. For lunch they do different selections than the Horizon Court - with ethenic themes. Dinner lasts late - 10:30 - 11PM - I think, it's hard to remember exactly. After that, they switch to the almost all night menu, which is served until the wee hours - grilled steaks to order and other goodies. At dinner there is an adult beverage cart that goes around the dining area. Since it is the casual venue for dinner, formal attire is not required, but we did see a few people on formal night who were dressed up eating there. Oh - they also serve breakfast, which I really enjoy since you can sit on the open deck and look over the aft pool and the ocean.
Mek- Thank you very much, that is exactly the information I was hoping to get.

Some one asked how casual the Caribe Cafe is for dinner. I was always casual - not smart casual, just cotton capris and a T and my husband had on Dockers and a polo shirt. We saw everything from dressy to shorts in the evening and no one seemed to notice or care. This was our second time on the CB, we cruise frequently, and we simply wanted to hang out, relax and not make a big deal out of getting ready for dinner on this cruise. We missed the first formal night because we watched the Sunday football games on MUTS and ran in for a bite to eat before returning for Sunday Night Football. It was perfect for this - great food, nice atmosphere, and total relaxation!

Archived