Sapphire Princess - June 17 Moveover to July 29

RickEk

Just a quick question for y'all.

I am booked on the Sapphire Princess for the June 17th northbound Voyage of the Glaciers sailing. We have an inside cabin.

Today I received a phone call from Princess offering a "moveover" deal. They will upgrade us to a balcony cabin, refund my traveling companion's fare as shipboard credit and change my air travel for me if we move to the July 29th sailing. This sounds almost too good to be true!

In my conversation with the Princess rep, they said that the ship was oversold and they are making this offer to almost every passenger. Apparently this is a pretty standard practice during the Alaskan cruise season.

So my question is: Has anyone else ever taken an offer like this? Like I said, it almost sounds too good to be true. :D

We haven't received the phone call, but a couple of people in our roll call who have non-balcony rooms have received the call too (they don't seem to be calling balcony or mini-suite people). Don't know what to tell you.. if you can move your vacation time and don't stand to lose money on excursions, airfare etc, I'd go for it (but that's me :) ). If you don't make the change, please drop by for our get together at the Outrigger Bar 2 pm on Sunday 6/18. There are about 25-30 of us from all over.

I did take a Princess offer a few years ago, ended up costing me NOTHING for the cruise and a ship credit for the tips- $75. They also refunded the difference for my flight. This took place 3 weeks before my booked sailing.

We are on the 7/29/06 Sapphire sailing and I think the only CC members that are.

I notices a few weeks back when I checked on a cabin for a friend there were no more balcont cabins available on our cruise and it was a waiting list only. Princess must save a few for this sort of thing.

Some of the "bump offers" are quite generous. If it works for your plans, go for it.

We were offered an extremely generous offer to take a bump, some years ago, but we couldn't shift our plans.

We are on the 7/29 sailing the only ones on the board I think.

The last time I checked though there was a waiting list only for balcony cabins on the 7/29 sailing. We are in a mini suite so they will not call us I guess.

Thanks for all the advice. Since we have the flexibility, we'll be taking the moveover offer!

From what I understand though from my conversation with the Princess rep, they routinely oversell their ships. If you book a popular cruise and notify them that you're flexible, they will flag the booking and if the ship is oversold, they'll give you a call and make you an offer.

Glad to see you and your wife make the change. I started a roll call many months back for the 7/29 cruise and so far there have been no others on here post that they are on the same cruise.

Archived