Table With A View

FinelyRetired

Hi Jennie

If you go to HAL and try booking on your next cruise, and mine (Veendam & Amsterdam) the dining choices are as follows---

Early Upper Dining: Waitlisted

Early Lower Dining: Waitlisted

Main Upper Dining: Waitlisted

Main Lower Dining: Available

Does this refer to the physical position of parts of the dining room? I don't recall this choice being available when I booked.

Regardless, 7.45 would be good.

Michael

Michael,

That refers to the four different sittings and they used to be at 5.45pm/6.00pm 6.15pm/6.30pm (I am not sure about these earlier times) then 8.00 and 8.30pm.

They seemed to have moved the two later sittings back by 15 minutes which would be wonderful if it really has happened.

The early and main sitting have the upper part of the dining room and the second sitting and last sitting have the lower part of the dining room. The dining room is on two levels.

Jennie

I am on the Oosterdam sailing 7/15/06. I thought I had seen a posting at one time to requets table 136 or 135. Are those tables on this ship? Hope so..just emailed ship services with the numbers. Will have to correct myself if those are incorrect for that ship. Help me make the right choice. Looking for table for 4 by window.:rolleyes:

Hi Jennie and Ruth,

It does look like the dining times have changed, unless this HAL representitive has it wrong.

Strange. Very strange. :confused: I'm set for a 7:45 dinner on my July Alaska sailing, and an 8:00 dinner on my cruise to Hawaii in October.

Guess I'll find out soon enough. :confused:

They change the seating times for dinner *only* on Alaska cruises...so -5:30 p.m, 6:00 p.m, 7:45 p.m, and 8:15 p.m- are the correct times.

All other cruises have the later seatings.

This used to be posted on their web page under 'dining onboard - for our Alaska passengers,' and has recently been omitted (at least, *I* can't find it anymore...but I had copied and pasted it to give to my TA when making dinner requests 6 months ago).

Archived