I need your opinion on the Sovereign!

Rachel,

I think a wedding on the ship would be lovely. Even if your guests aren't sailing they can board the ship for the ceremony and a short reception and then get off when the ship sails. I haven't been on the SOS for over a year, but it was very nice then. There will be stains on carpets on every ship, even the newer, bigger ones. Stains happen. They're usually not noticeable unless you're looking for then. Miami is more convenient than PC, but I'd travel the extra distance as I feel the environment on the SOS is a little calmer than on the Majesty. Yes, probably a party atmosphere on both, but I found it a little over the top on the Majesty. On our sailing, a group of drag queens actually reserved one of the lounges and everyone was kicked out. If you wanted to come in and see their "show", you had to pay $10. I was thoroughly annoyed about that. I just felt overall the crowd on the Majesty was younger and more party oriented.

Rachel

We were on SOS in April for Spring Break. Had been on in 03 also. I thought the refurbishment was great. Dining Room was much nicer. I would not hesitate to go on this ship for a "quickie" cruise. Just beware of lower {2,3} decks, have a sewer smell in the hallways. Love Voyager class but Soveriegn is clean. Always cleaning going on. Formal night never saw so many tuxes.

Have fun.

Rachel

We were on SOS in April for Spring Break. Had been on in 03 also. I thought the refurbishment was great. Dining Room was much nicer. I would not hesitate to go on this ship for a "quickie" cruise. Just beware of lower {2,3} decks, have a sewer smell in the hallways. Love Voyager class but Soveriegn is clean. Always cleaning going on. Formal night never saw so many tuxes.

Have fun.

We had a sewer smell in our Jr Suite, Deck 10. It was not constant but it was very noticeable at times.

Agree about the tuxes and also gowns. People really decked out on my 3 day as well. Nice to see:).

Our daughter's wedding on the Sovereign was the one Parrothead was referring to. The staff of SOS went out of their way to make it a wonderful ceremony and reception. Daughter and SIL have said many times that if they had it to do over again, they would still get married on the Sovereign!

Due to the number of people attending (We had about 35), the ceremony and reception was held in one of the lounges. The food that was served was delicious.

While the Sovereign is an older ship, she is still a wonderful ship that we have been on at least 9 times. Since the referbishment, new things like dueling pianos have been added. You can usually find plenty to do in the evening and having wedding guests sail with you, I'm sure you would make many wonderful memories.

The Majesty is a sister ship and is due to be referbished in the coming months. The plus for the Majesty is that on the 4 day cruises, she also stops in Key West.

If you do decide to do the Sovereign, it takes about 45 minutes to get there from Orlando airport.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure that Royal Romance will be able to help you plan the wedding of your dreams. Congratulations!!:)

Archived