Wait List??

I am booked on the 12/1/06 sailing of the Brillance through the canal. I was able to get my aft facing room (1104) but requested to be put on the waitlist for 1100 (JS) or 9256. Yesterday I was checking rooms (I do this all the time-don't know why but I do) and there was room 9256 up for grabs. I got in contact with my TA and within 20 minutes the room was mine.

I am to assume that my TA did not contact RCI to request that I be put on the waitlists? Or how does that work.

Just wondering..

A better step..........put yourself on the waitlist with RCCl. Pay the going downpayment.......so they know that you are serious, and then tell them what you want. Before your TA is going to get a cabin available, the RCCL rep will know about it.

Just a thought!!

Rick

I am booked on the 12/1/06 sailing of the Brillance through the canal. I was able to get my aft facing room (1104) but requested to be put on the waitlist for 1100 (JS) or 9256. Yesterday I was checking rooms (I do this all the time-don't know why but I do) and there was room 9256 up for grabs. I got in contact with my TA and within 20 minutes the room was mine.

I am to assume that my TA did not contact RCI to request that I be put on the waitlists? Or how does that work.

Just wondering..

I was booked on EOS for Oct 20th 2006 in JS 1394. I booked that cabin on my last cruise. I booked Oct 20th because 1394 and 1694 were already gone for the Oct 6th cruise. I asked to be put on the waitlist for 1394 or 1694 for Oct 6th.

Last week I happened to check a travel website and saw 1694 suddenly open for the Oct 6th cruise. I called RCL and switched bookings to Oct 6th.

I don't know how long the cabin had been available, but RCL never called or emailed me about the cabin being available nor did they automatically switch my reservation. My theory is they don't actually have a waitlist :) Either that or they don't have the IT ability to actually implement a waitlist properly.

I've said it before and will say it again: I love RCL's ships and on board service but as far as their website or any other IT related function - they rank lowwwwwww.

someone obviously dropped the ball on this one but I was able to recover. It appears that it really doesn't matter who you request it through as anyone can and does drop the ball.

Yogimax- I bet ya that if I asked my TA they are going to say that they did indeed put me on that wait list.

In the meantime I will continue to be anal retentive.

Thanks

Archived