Carnival Imagination 6/10 - 6/15

My husband and I just got home from our trip on the Carnival Imagination.

We had a great time. The Captain had to change our Grand Cayman port to Nassau Bahamas because of tropical storm alberto. we were bummed at first because we had really wanted to see Grand Cayman, but in reality no one would have enjoyed themselves if we had to travel through bad weather to get there. We had terrific weather.

Our cabin was very roomy and our steward Ernesto kept our cooler filled with ice, and our room clean.

The food was good. the only entree I would stay away from is the medallions of pork, way too tough and bitter from rosemary. Our waiter Miguel happily exchanged it for a turkey dinner instead.

Our Nassau visit was rushed. we took a shore excursion to blackbeard's cay and snorkeled with the stingrays. By the time we got back to the dock we barely had enough time to grab t-shirts for the kids and race back to the ship.

The 2 days at sea were very relaxing and we enjoyed some of the activities.

Our visit to Ocho Rios was fun. Our ship docked in an icky area, instead of by the island village. We caught a cab and did some quick morning shopping before taking a catamaran trip to dunn's river falls. Our only issue was not noticed until today when I was unpacking I found that Nancy's souvenir shop in the taj mahal plaza cheated us. We had paid for a 1 liter bottle of Tia Maria and they sent a 750 ml bottle back to the ship. It's aggravating because we had paid more money for a smaller bottle. Oh well, not much we can do now.

The only problem we had on the ship was on the last night. We had gone back to our cabin to put our luggage out before 12 AM, as we were instructed to do. There was a man picking up the luggage at 11 PM and looked like he was finished. He got snippy and said "you were told to have your luggage out by 11 PM." I told him that we were told to have it out between 9 PM and 12 AM. He told me "then let whoever told you that come pick up your luggage, we finish at 11." My husband quickly got our stuff outside the door, and the guy said, "if you put your luggage out at 12 you will find it there in the morning." After his fuss he took the stuff anyway, which made me wonder if we would even find it in the morning.

We did.;)

The cruise director Jeff Bronson is very entertaining. I had wanted to let him know the problem we had with the person taking the luggage so he would know to mention during the debarkation talk the appropriate times, or have it clarified to their staff what time we have to get our luggage out by. I never did run into him the next day and the line at the pursers desk was too long to make a complaint. I really don't think I should have been treated so rudely by the person taking the luggage. I know that their jobs are hard and sometimes we tourists are a little difficult, but it's not the proper way to treat a guest.

All in all it was a fun vacation!

Thanks for your review... if your only problems were a few ounces of missing booze and misinformation about times to put out your luggage, you had a pretty good cruise. Really, what's to complain about?

You were told correctly! The latest you can put luggage out is midnight. I have been on 5 cruises and 3 of those on the Imaginations. I would have told someone at the pursers desk to correct this issue with the worker. If they don't know, he will treat others the same.

Aside from that, glad you had a great cruise! I love the Imagination and Jeff Bronson is too funny! We have been on both the Valor and Liberty and thought they are new and very beautiful but I like the feel of the smaller ships. I find they are less crowded and have better service (except for the luggage guy)!:D

I'm going on the Imagination August 5th, and can't wait! I'm a little concerned about where the ship docks in Jamaica. Some of the posts indicate it is unsafe. Did you find one spot better than another for souvenirs in Jamaica ? I hear there is shopping by the dock and at Dunns River Falls . Just wondering if they all sell the same things, but one is cheaper than the other, even with the " bargaining ", selection etc. I'd be interested in their wood carvings and of course the usual knic knacs, T shirts, etc.

Thanks so much! LOVE this Website! I am so much better prepared for this cruise, than my last one a few years ago. :o

I'm going on the Imagination August 5th, and can't wait! I'm a little concerned about where the ship docks in Jamaica. Some of the posts indicate it is unsafe. Did you find one spot better than another for souvenirs in Jamaica ? I hear there is shopping by the dock and at Dunns River Falls . Just wondering if they all sell the same things, but one is cheaper than the other, even with the " bargaining ", selection etc. I'd be interested in their wood carvings and of course the usual knic knacs, T shirts, etc.

Thanks so much! LOVE this Website! I am so much better prepared for this cruise, than my last one a few years ago. :o

I am getting off the Imagination on the 5th. I have read that it can dock at two different docks. I know I hope that we dock near the shopping village and Margaritaville. I have been spending a lot of time on the port boards asking the same questions you have?! Might be worth a try!

Archived