Pride of Hawaii-hours of each of the restaurants?

lomillerin

Does anyone have the hours of each of the restaurants?

I have something about Paniolo being open only when Blue Lagoon is not?? I thought Blue Lagoon was 24 hours?

I read one comment about not finding anything to eat on embarkation day. Again, I thought you could always find food on a cruise ship somewhere?

Also, what about the pool? Is it open the day of embarkation? Is there food near the pool?

I have something about Paniolo being open only when Blue Lagoon is not?? I thought Blue Lagoon was 24 hours?

I read one comment about not finding anything to eat on embarkation day. Again, I thought you could always find food on a cruise ship somewhere?

Also, what about the pool? Is it open the day of embarkation? Is there food near the pool?

There is ALWAYS something to eat on embarkation day - at VERY least the buffet will be open when you board the ship.

Note: opening times of restaurants and dining rooms sometimes vary a bit from day to day - so ALWAYS read The Freestyle Daily - it will contain all the opening times.

Paniolo and the Blue Lagoon are on opposite sides of the beautiful atrium and look down over the lobby and lounge. At dinnertime, Paniolo expands to include both sides--taking over the seating that otherwise is for the Blue Lagoon. That's why the Blue Lagoon is "closed" from 5 to 10:30 p.m. while Paniolo is open.

Therefore, there is always something to eat up there, but at dinnertime you enter from the Paniolo side and have the Paniolo menu. After 10:30, it again becomes the "Blue Lagoon."

Janice

So, what is open for lunch besides blue Lagoon?

Is there pool food?

Is the pool open on day of embarkation?

What are the pool hours?

Sorry for the confusion. See below:

Freestyle cruising gives guests the option to select their dining preference, i.e. when to eat, where to eat and with whom to eat.

The Main Dining Rooms will offer FREESTYLE DINING every day of the cruise. If the guest prefers to reserve a table in advance at a particular time and in a specific dining room, the guest needs to contact the Maitre d'.

Dress onboard for dining will be "Resort Casual". In certain dining rooms, "no shorts/no T-shirts" policy. Check the Cruise News. "Resort Casual" consists of Polo/Oxford shirts, Khakis/Trousers for the men and Sundresses, Blouses, Sweaters, Slacks/Skirts for the women.

There will be theme nights onboard. Check particular ship for specific theme.

Formal evenings will be offered in one of the Main Dining Rooms. Formal dress is black tie or dark suits for men; evening gown or cocktail dress for women.

The schedule is as follows:

Two and three night sailings None

Four to seven night sailings One

More than seven night sailings Two

Dining hours are:

Breakfast 7:00am - 9:00am

Lunch 12:00pm - 2:30pm

Dinner 5:30pm - 10:30pm

*Service charge is $10.00* per guest per day for all onboard service personnel. The charge will be automatically applied to the guest's onboard account. The Staff at the Reception Desk will be pleased to assist in adjusting any service charges.

There is food served out by the pool area. The buffet serves breakfast, lunch and dinner at the times listed above. In addition, the alternative restaurants are opened for lunch and dinner. If you are booked in an owner suite you can dine in Cagney's steak house for breakfast! Great steak and eggs.....

So, if I sleep past 9:00 am I get no breakfast and there are no food options until 12:00 (noon).

This seems a little crazy....

Almost every hotel, cruise, and restaurant I have been to has breakfast until 10:00/10:30, sometimes 11:00.

I have been on 3 other cruises and there have never been times I couldn't find at least one restaurant open any time of day.

Also, 2:30 to 5:30 nothing to eat again....

I guess Freestyle does not meen free to eat when you want...

So, if I sleep past 9:00 am I get no breakfast and there are no food options until 12:00 (noon).

This seems a little crazy....

Almost every hotel, cruise, and restaurant I have been to has breakfast until 10:00/10:30, sometimes 11:00.

I have been on 3 other cruises and there have never been times I couldn't find at least one restaurant open any time of day.

Also, 2:30 to 5:30 nothing to eat again....

I guess Freestyle does not meen free to eat when you want...

I have cruised on NCL several times and although these are the times they post I have seen times when breakfast is still being served at 11am because of the demand! Room service is available 24 hours and the Blue Lagoon serves food 24 hours a day. In addition, there are grills going out by the pool, all day long. If I was hungry there was always an option for me to get a bit to eat....

If you don't do anything else, go to the Reception Desk and reserve your dining in the restaurants asap. They fill up fast. One of the neat things about POH: they have these plasma tv screens (am I saying that right?) quite visible for passengers to see how full restaurants are which is especially handy if you didn't reserve dinner. There was fast food near the pools, and sail away embarkation night, there was a Hawaiian Ambassador along with band/dancing and entertainment. Hope this helps.

Pat, POH 6/12; Wind 11/26/2005

Oh my did you get some conflicting info! Here's how it was for us on POH 5/23-6/3 sailing. We had breakfast problems because my daughter sleeps late! Here's the rundown on restaurants and times:

Breakfast:

Main Dining room hours are 7 to 9:30am.

Aloha Nui (buffet) from 6:30 to 10:30am.

Blue Lagoon all day, however its a continental breakfast till 11ish? then other food, I'm not sure we never ate there except breakfast once.

Lunch:

Aloha Nui opens at 11:30am, this is the earliest lunch opening.

Main Dining room hours are 12:30 to 2:30pm.

Blue Lagoon open.

Poolside buffet, sorry not sure what time that starts up but its definitely after Aloha Nui, I think its noon....till when I don't know.

Dinner:

All restaurants are basically open 5:30pm to 10:30pm.

Blue Lagoon is closed during those hours and Paniolo takes over the space as someone else mentioned.

A note for dinner and room service. You will find a room service menu with items always available however also available is anything on the Main Dining room menu, either call and ask or pop down to the 6th deck and look at the daily menu displayed outside Main Dining room.

May not be 100% accurate but pretty close!

Sue is right. The Blue Lagoon is closed from 5:30-10:30. Buffet closes at 9pm

Techincally the Blue Lagoon is closed during the times stated above. However, the Blue Lagoon shares this space with the Tapas restaurant. From 5:30 - 10:30 food served there is from the second restaurant mentioned. At 10:30 the menu switches back to the Blue Lagoon menu.

Techincally the Blue Lagoon is closed during the times stated above. However, the Blue Lagoon shares this space with the Tapas restaurant. From 5:30 - 10:30 food served there is from the second restaurant mentioned. At 10:30 the menu switches back to the Blue Lagoon menu.

Ummmm yes but that is why the Blue Lagoon is closed. you can't say that it is open b/c Paniolo is open and they use half of the Blue Lagoon seating for customers. That doesn't make it the Blue Lagoon; that makes it Paniolo

Ummmm yes but that is why the Blue Lagoon is closed. you can't say that it is open b/c Paniolo is open and they use half of the Blue Lagoon seating for customers. That doesn't make it the Blue Lagoon; that makes it Paniolo

Sorry but we are saying the same thing here. It is one restaurant, two different names, two different menus, different times that the menus are available. Food service is available in this area of the ship 24 hours, two different restaurant depending on the time of day.

My understanding is that Blue Lagoon is very casual and you could where shorts there???

When it becomes Paniolo, you have to have pants/capris/skirt etc....?

Am I correct?

So, the only place to get food in shorts at diner is the buffet, correct?

I am thinking of my 14 year old. I thought he would like the food at Blue Lagoon for dinner, but I guess he can either go with us and dress appropriately, or go to the buffet?

Does anyone know if they serve food poolside in the evenings?

Archived