How do I find out if other ships scheduled to be at HMC the day we are there?

Our ship is due to be at Half Moon Cay on Tuesday Nov 21st. We dont arrive there until 11am, noon likely after tendering in.

I love the island and wonder how packed it is with two or more ships sharing?

I understand Carnival and HAL are now one in the same. How many other ships could be at HMC the same day?

How do I find out who else is scheduled to be there?

Thanks!

I understand Carnival and HAL are now one in the same.

Thanks!

The above statement is not quite true. Carnival cruise line and HAL along with Cunard, Costa, Princess, and a few others are owned by the Carnival Corporation (not to be confused with the Carnival Cruise Line). So Carnival Corporation is the holding company for HAL along with the others and it is the Corporation which pulls the strings of each cruise line!:eek Let me add this info from the Carnival Corp website:

Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company with a portfolio of 12 distinct cruise brands comprised of the leading cruise operators in North America, Europe and Australia. Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line, Windstar Cruises, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, P&O Cruises, Ocean Village, Swan Hellenic and P&O Cruises Australia are all included in this group.

It looks like if you are on the Maasdam you will be the only ship there that day.

I use cruisecal.com http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx

With the Maasdam having so few passenger it will truly be like having your own private Island:)

The OP is sooooooo lucky.

I think on the day I'll be at HMC ... on the Amsterdam ... we have to share with the Westerdam. The Westerdam is a Vista ... so that little island will be jammed. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

It's manageable, Rita, with Amsterdam and Westerdam both in on the same day. Sure, it would be preferable to be the only ship but there should be room for everyone.

Plan to have lunch early or late if you want to avoid a long line at the barbeque. Other than that, there are plenty of lounges and plenty of beach.

Just hope for pretty weather.

The OP is sooooooo lucky.

I think on the day I'll be at HMC ... on the Amsterdam ... we have to share with the Westerdam. The Westerdam is a Vista ... so that little island will be jammed. :(

That would make having a cabana even better, IMO.

On our recent Westerdam cruise (March '07), the Zaandam was also at HMC on the same day. We didn't notice any particular area being too crowded. Granted - there were some areas that we noticed a shortage of beach lounge chairs but since we had a cabana (Peach) with butler service, he made sure that no one grabbed our chairs. We had two loungers on the deck of the cabana and another two on the beach itself.

Don't worry - you should be fine!

CoastalCounseling--This was a question I too was wondering about! Thanks for asking it!

Also, thank you LAFFNVEGAS and WindyCity for the URL link. What a great tool to have! Some of the ports can have sooo many ships on one particular day, so I really enjoyed not only checking the number of ships in HMC the day that we're there, but also the other ports in our itinerary.

Have a good day,

Amy

Archived