Disembarkation Dilemma for CB 8/19/06 Cruise

HR Girl

Here's the dilemma - We are a party of 5 booked in two different cabins on two different decks. Upon disembarkation, I'm afraid that our luggage may not be in the same area in customs when we have to claim it. Being as impatient as I am, should I just have all the luggage taken from one cabin the night before and tagged from there? Or will this cause more confusion for the ship staff when they see no luggage coming out of one cabin? I just don't know how to handle this.

Any advice from anyone who has gone through this before? :confused:

Thanks, Arlyne

You are given color-coded tags by your steward. These are put on your bag so that they are “grouped” to make it a bit easier to locate on the dock. However, the passengers are let off the ship in groups linked to the bags. When you tag your bags, you rip off the bottom to show the ship’s officers your color. It is possible to ask your steward for enough of the same colored tags to cover your group if you make it worth his while.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

Last year I had a group of 30 people spread out all over the ship and I just went to the Purser's desk and asked them could I get tags the same color for everyone so we could leave the ship at the same time. No problem and no reason to tip.

tootiesmom

Last year I had a group of 30 people spread out all over the ship and I just went to the Purser's desk and asked them could I get tags the same color for everyone so we could leave the ship at the same time. No problem and no reason to tip.
Exactly. No fuss, no muss, no bother. Just go to the Pursar's desk and say you're traveling together, turn in the other tags and get new tags to match the color you want.

Don't see a problem here. Your bags from one cabin won't be together in the pickup area, anyway! When they unload the bags they go into a huge room with different sections marked for the different color codes. Your color group area may have 500 bags in it with about 18" between the rows to walk through. So if several folks were in different areas it doesn't matter much.

Comment by tootsiemom is correct, though - different color/numbers disembark at different times so it might be worth getting the same color for that reason. Reds go first (these are early flights) but generally the other colors unload the top decks first.

Archived