NCL Spirit to Bermuda, St Thomas, Tortola

mpg1226

We will be sailing on 8/5 with a small group of friends and family. We are 3 couple (40'-50's) with young adult children (19-23). We are experienced cruisers though the first time on NCL and the freestyle cruising.

I would love some help with excursions that might satifsy both the younger and older adults, especially in St John and Tortola. We've been to St Thomas many times, so this time want to explore St John. We'll be there all day but don't know if we want to take all the effort of getting to St John on our own. We are not snorkelers but also know the kids won't want to sit on a bus.

In Tortola, I saw a bar hopping bus which I'm sure the kids would love but does it even operate at the early hours that we are going to be there?

I would love to go to Virgin Gorda but after breaking an ankle last summer on vacation, I'm pretty gun shy of walking on rocks and boulders. A friend has hip problems and I know she can't do major walks on uneven ground. Any other suggestions for us to see the baths without the hike to get there?

Been to Bermuda and figured on taking the bus to Elbow Beach unless anyone can help with an equally as nice beach but closer to Kings Wharf.

Any other suggestions about the dining reservations, etc would be greatly appreciated.

My sister and I liked Cane Garden Bay on Tortola. It's about a 20 minute jitney bus/cab ride from the boat dock. It's a very nice beach - no waves (to those of you who like waves - sorry!) - clear turquoise waters. Lots of places to eat and drink right along the beach.

Since Tortola has steep hills the ride in itself is an adventure! On our bus we were all putting up our hands like on a roller coaster. The buses (they call them taxi cabs) hold about 20 people and it cost us $6.00 each + a tip. We set a time and the driver came back for us.

Of the 3 islands we recently cruised to - Puerto Rico, St Thomas and Tortola we liked Tortola the best, but Bermuda is my all time favorite and beats the others hands down - JMO, of course ;)

Archived