Upgrade possible with a assigned cabin #???

marcyjane

Kpstill...They are 2 specific cabins on the Elation. We went that way instead of guarantee because we wanted them close together.

I keep reading about people being contacted by their TA that they've been upgraded, is that because prices have gone down and they're getting automatic upgrades or something?

The last 2 cruises we went on were on the Pride and the Spirit. The upgrade is only if you do not book a specific room and basically if there is a room of the same class (i.e., inside, balcony or suite) on a higher level, you will get that one when you arrive. You are guaranteed at least the level that you requested (i.e., main deck or upper deck). The last cruise we waited and when we got there we actually got an extended balcony on the Verandah deck which was nice. If you already booked a specific room, that will be what you get.

We book a 7A (obstructed balcony) assigned cabin directly through Carnival for our upcoming Miracle cruise. We needed two rooms next to each other as my DD & friend will be sharing and Carnival lets you book the kids in a separate room if they are next door. Well, I have been checking prices periodically and the 7A's had not been listed for about a week. Well, yesterday I was checking prices and noticed that they showed 7A as availalbe and our rooms were listed as available. Called Carnival and they said we were upgraded to an 8H (balcony 7) on the Panorama deck. They said they did it without asking as the 7A is a blocked view. We even have our cabins next to each other.

Just love the upgrade fairy.

It is so funny that I ran into this thread today. I called my PVP earlier today, but she was out of the office today. Another PVP helped me, the personality difference was amazing (she fought me on everything). We are booked in an assigned 8C on the Destiny for July. I asked her to please put in our notes that we would not mind being upgraded to a different category, not an 8D, but a cat. 9 or above. She said that Carnival does not upgrade assigned cabins. I asked her to just please do it anyway. I am going to call my PVP to make sure that it was noted.

I am happy with what I have and have been watching the rates daily. If that happens wonderful, if not, our cruise will still be great with the cabin we already have!

It doesn't hurt to ask I guess. If Carnival is watching, I've got a great idea for them. Why not take a look at us lowly Upper/Lower bunch and upgrade us, which would then free up the lower priced cabins for the last minute deal watchers out there? Thus selling more cabins, more tips for the stewards, more cruisers buying bingo cards, more Pina Coladas being drank by the pool! Everybody wins! That's for the Elation sailing 3/27, and I'll take an un-obstructed balcony if available.:)

This happened to us a couple years ago and caused a mess at check-in. We always pick a specific cabin based on location on the ship. I hadn't read the small print on the back of the TA's invoice and wasn't aware that it could be changed. It was an upgrade but definitely started the week off wrong. They probably thought we'd be thrilled with the upgrade.

Since that time, I let the TA know when I book that we do NOT want our cabin changed for any reason and she confirms this via e-mail. I still use the same on-line TA and we haven't had it happen since and hopefully it won't.

Archived