Upgrade possible with a assigned cabin #???

marcyjane

Whats the bottom of the barrel? Oceanivew 6a is the Riveria deck. Its a great deck because it is a quiet deck. When did you book and did you get your documents? sometimes cabin assignments are located on the back of the sign and sail page- look for a number that starts with your booking number

Bargaingirl... certainly!!! Most people don't get their GUAR assignment until they get to the pier... that is how the GUAR has always worked... they just implemented a new policy of issuing docs early, but it is starting on later sailings. You will get your assignment when you arrive. Good luck and have fun!

You are still fine. Look for the sign and sail page.. Its on the back side of it- Its not gonna leap out on you and say--this is your cabin. You will need to look for a very large number, The number will start with your booking number, the cabin number will be listed in that long number--unless its says TBA or GTEE it wont say anything else but 4 numbers, TBA OR GTEE

If it still has TBA or GTEE you will be seeing a porter to get your tags and your assignement. Dont give your luggae to the people unitl you have your cabin number written on your tags.

Thank you, GoinCruisin. Everyone else seemed to think I was crazy and missed something in my documents. That puts my mind at ease.

Serene56, it does say GTEE. We will keep our fingers crossed hoping this means an excellent upgrade!!! 3 More days!!!

[quote name='BargainGirl']That is awesome! Other upgrade experiences with no cabin assignments? Keep'm comin![/QUOTE] [i][color=Navy][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS]Bargain Girl,
I always book inside guarantee last minute so I [b]NEVER [/b]know what my cabin is because I have to pick my docs up at the pier. Almost always pleasantly surprised (last time on the PRIDE, upgraded from a 1A to a 5A). :)
Now its going to be tough if I ever have to actually stay in a 1A again. :D

[/font][/size][/color][/i]

There was some discussion earlier in this thread about being 'upgraded' without any prior notification. Usually this seemed to work out OK, but if you booked early to get a specific cabin, you can be proactive about holding that cabin. On the Pride we are doing in Oct., we have 4 of the 9 super size balconies that we specifically requested. I let my TA know that we did NOT want to be upgraded under any circumstances on those cabins unless she called me first to let me know what the upgrade would be. As far as I'm concerned, even an upgrade to a 12 on the Pride would not be worth it, since the balcony is actually smaller in a 12 that it is on the cabins we already have. The only upgrade we would accept from those cabins would be to an aft corner category 11. She said that would be no problem, they would not upgrade anyone without our prior approval.

So keep that in mind if you have a specific cabin that you wanted, and be proactive in the process.

On a positive note, sounds like Carnival does a lot more upgrading than Royal Caribbean, which is all we have sailed on up to this point.

Hope this helps,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
I have been reading the messages about getting upgraded when you check in. Is that only passengers that have booked through Carnival? We booked our trip on the Computer with Cruise Quick. They gave us a better price than Carnival for the same cabin. I was wondering if there was any chance of us still getting an upgrade even though we didn't book through Carnival? Anybody out there have any info on this?

• 5 months later...
....I don't know if it could work the same now with the new 'rules'....but when I booked my Miracle cruise for last June, I booked a 1-A for about $800 pp.
I watched my online TA's web site daily for price changes.
The prices dropped and I saw that I could have a 4-A for the same as I paid for the 1-A. I called and got 4 cabins upgraded.
I continued to watch daily. Each time the prices dropped, I called the TA and got us all upgraded to better cabins. I wound up with 7-A's for the price I paid originally for the 1-A. There were 5 actual upgrades made because I requested it..because I was dilligent enough to keep track, and I had made sure before booking through this agency that their policy would allow me to do this. Before finaly payment, I could have gotten ship credit OR an upgrade. Of course I chose the upgrade because I was willing to pay $800 for the inside cabin, but for the same price, I'd rather have a balcony!! :D
I would NEVER wait to see if they were going to upgrade me on their own. The only way to do something right, is to do it yourself!!!!

[quote name='debbie9703']I have a Guarantee for upcoming cruise. According to Carnival site it is a 6A. I am unsure what this means? Is the 6A a type of room, or the floor it is on? Could I do worse or is it going to be 6A or better?[/QUOTE]

6A or better. It's a type, not a specific deck. This means you'll at least have a standard oceanview on a lower deck. The higher the letter, the higher the deck......usually.

[quote name='fordslovetocruise'][font=Georgia]I have cabin #8393 on the Valor, is this a regular balcony cabin or a wrap around? Not sure.[/font][/QUOTE]

[url="http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CQ&deckCode=8"]http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CQ&deckCode=8[/url]

It is a regular balcony.

[quote name='coloradoan']We've got an Upper/Lower booked for a cruise coming up in a few weeks, is there any chance they'll upgrade us at the pier for at least two lowers for the same price and beg them pretty please?[/QUOTE]

Is it a 1A Guarantee or a specific cabin? If it is a specific cabin, then that is your cabin. What ship?

Archived