D1 vs. E1 balcony question

We had a D1 balcony cabon on the Mariner. Loved it. The only thing I thought was strange was that the curtains in front of the sliding glass balcony door were hung like 2 feet from the actual door/window. So, when the curtains were closed it was really wasted space. So, I'm wondering if the only difference with an E1 (supposed to be a tad smaller) is that it just doesn't have that wasted space and the curtains are closer to the door.

We are thinking of booking Freedom or Liberty sometime in the future and noticed that the D1's have a slightly bigger cabin but smaller balcony. The E1's have a slightly smaller cabin but bigger balcony. So, do the E1's have a bigger balcony because thay take that wasted curtain space out and turn it into balcony? Or, is an E1 small in some other way?

Thanks!

The space between the curtain and the door is usually found on the hump cabins due to the curvature of the ship in that section. I have heard from some that the same space is there on the Freedom Class. If you are not on the hump, you should not have that dead space.

And yes, on Freedom, the E1's have smaller rooms and larger balconies. The D1's have larger rooms and smaller balconies. I think the size of the room is a bigger difference than the size of the balcony. The room difference is more like 15 sqft and the balcony difference is like a 5 sqft difference.

Archived